All reviews little mermaid rooftop spa churchill park design museum mini suite boutique hotel organic toiletries four poster eco friendly great boutique osterport station organic food toilet paper within walking distance an excellent hotel on foot top floor
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Interesting “organic” / digital concept very centrally located for Nyhavn and shopping / restaurants. Room was spacious and clean. Organic means no aircon and no fridge in room. Nice breakfast buffet. Staff however, came across as rather arrogant /grumpy (ordering a beer from one blond guy that looked like he was working in the bar and he stared at you like this was quite a handful for him to organize before finally dragging his feet to accomplish the task) except one blonde girl with glasses that was the only one looking like she enjoyed her job. Digital is hip, but when the door won’t open, it kind of falls through.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Pros:
Easy walking distance to the majority of the sites and also to local ( non- tourist) restaurants

Wonderful rooftop patio and sauna and steam - often I had the space to myself

Beautiful rooms - I splurged on deluxe double - a small hallway - staging room and big bedroom- great furnishings- windows on two sides

Great buffet breakfast- try to get a rate where it’s included in your room

Cons
Really tiny bathroom- but functional
Lobby is an awkward space - crowded and non-intuitive but really you spend your time in your room not the lobby

A great choice - meets all my expectations

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2018

I would absolutely stay here again, though I would book the double superior instead of the standard.

The best part of this place was the staff. They were super friendly and did everything they could to accommodate us, including letting us check in early as they had rooms available (they have baggage storage if they don't have rooms available). We didn't leave until after noon on our first whole day in Copenhagen and we still got housekeeping service without saying a word to anyone about it.

The accommodations were quite nice as well, with one major exception: the bathroom. The bathroom was so compact that I could not sit on the toilet without touching both the wall and the vanity. I'm not a little girl, but I'm not obese either, so I would imagine this would be a tight fit for a lot of people. The bed was super comfy and the comforters were so soft and puffy. We had very little trouble with the lack of air conditioning as there was a fan in the closet so you could bring the fresh, cool Copenhagen air into the room. There was some street noise with the window open, but it wasn't too disruptive. We loved all the toiletry products and there was every type you could imagine available, even a bamboo toothbrush, in case you forgot yours. Everything was wonderfully clean.

The location really can't be beat. It's a short walk to the Kastellet, the Gefion Fountain, and The Little Mermaid. All the tour buses have a stop at The Little Mermaid, so you can just pick one up and see all of Copenhagen. There's also a boat tour stop at The Little Mermaid, which I highly recommend.

All in all, a great stay, but next time I'd get the bigger room to avoid the trouble with the toilet.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
KristineR551, Direktør at Babette Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Kelly

I'm very pleased to learn that you overall enjoyed staying with us and appreciated most of the element of the accommodation, hospitality and service we offer at Babette Guldsmeden, being fantastic toiletries, comfy beds etc.

We admit that a few of the bathrooms are odd in size, but the majority of the bathrooms are comfortable and have a good size. I assure you that next time you will be staying with us I will provide you with a room with a larger bathroom!

I notice that you have been very active in sightseeing during your stay, and it is wonderful to learn that the neighborhood and location of the hotel has given you nice and enjoyable memories from Copenhagen.

Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at Babette Guldsmeden!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Stayed for 2 nights pre-cruise and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Convenient location combined with helpful, friendly staff and good, by Denmark standards, value for money made it for us. The room, though not large, offered a very comfortable bed and all the facilities we required.
The Hotel deserves a special mention for their handling of our bill when we checked out. We were a party of 2 couples in 2 rooms, though I had done the booking, so we planned to split the bill 50/50. However, somehow the bills did not end up the same and also the hotel had some difficulties processing CCs. To the hotel's credit, and without any input from my self, all the breakfast charges were removed from the bills as it was this element that was in error. A very satisfying financially beneficial result for us, while demonstrating excellent customer relation skills. We are unanimous in concluding that if we return to Copenhagen we will staay at the Babette.
Another plus was the restaurant. We decided to eat out one night and looked at a number of restaurants befor deciding on one. Compared to the evening meal we had in the Babette eating out is more expensive and the food/service not as good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Kristine R, Direktør at Babette Guldsmeden - Guldsmeden Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Kalichui,

Despite the technical issues at check out, I’m so delighted to have the positive feedback from you.

Thank you for the nice words about the rooms, the service in general and your compliments to the food in the restaurant. We get so much energy from these positive feedbacks!

I hope that you will have some fantastic days at the sea and cruise up north, and it would definitely be a pleasure for us to welcome you back here!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

This pricey gem is an ECO friendly hotel. The room was tight with all the big furniture. Loved their toiletries (shampoo, body lotion) and other accessories. Chintzy with the towels - only two bath towels and no bath mat. Shower curtain didn't contain the water from getting on the floor (slippery). There is a separate shower and tub. This hotel has no air conditioning. The ceiling fan and extra fan helped but it was hot. They have a very nice breakfast and a cafe. The room was clean. We had to wait on a room, and then they didn't have the twin room we requested at booking. The location is OK. It is very close to a hop-on-hop-off bus stop and about a 15-minute walk to the famous Nyhavn canal street. Had to take taxis to city centre destinations. Across the street is a beautiful park and on the other corner is a grocery store for provisions.

Room Tip: No air-conditioning in the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends