All reviews four poster bed bus stop organic breakfast city centre small balcony small hotel central station meatpacking district bars and restaurants yogurt breakfast room superior room tivoli gardens nikolas bertrand vesterbrogade eco
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The room is very clean & neat. For 1100DKK the Hotel offered a Balinese style bed, organic hygiene products & toothbrush, neat lining.

If you are sensitive to noise from the road ask rooms not facing the street as you can hear the engines.
The neighborhood is not suitable for girl out late alone to my opinion. However by day no problem.

Not too far from the station and close to convenience stores.

Differentiation: hotel propose organic hygiene products for sale with original scent (peach&mint shower gel, etc)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We spent 9 days at the Bertrams Hotel during a beautiful week in May. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We obtained a nice large room with small balcony overlooking the backyard. Despite being on a main street the rooms at the back were quiet allowing sleeping with windows open. The bathroom with bathtub only, once gotten used to, turned out fine and certainly saved a lot of water! The breakfast was continental European style, served with delicious, fresh bread, cheeses, cold cuts, yoghurt and eggs. Also with fruit smoothies!

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Timothy G
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

This is a very familiar hotel with a great atmosphere. Not a big business hotel but still a great retreat.

Very nice room and very nice lobby area.

Breakfast was very nice as well as the staff. I can do nothing else than recommend for a personalized hotel experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

We have just checked out of the Bertrams guldsmenden and my husband and I are horrified by how the woman at the front desk treated us upon check out. Apparently, their check out time is 11am and we were not aware. We came to check out at 12:00pm and handed her our key and thanked her, and her response was to yell at us about “ignoring the check out time” in front of another hotel guest! It was so shocking that we burst out laughing. She then continued yelling at us until we just walked out of the hotel.
Also, a housekeeper came to the room at 10am and just opened the door to enter, which is not standard in any hotel. We also received an automated call at 11:20am with a robot voice saying “it is 11:20am”. I thought that it was a bit odd and I asked my wife if she had ordered a wake up call. At no point did a human make it clear to us that we had stayed past check out time until we were screamed at by the front desk agent in the lobby.
I have never written a review before but also feel that the management or hotel group should be made aware of this person.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
BHGuld, Owner at Bertrams Guldsmeden - Copenhagen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear "Thedogmurphy"

Firstly - thank you for choosing to stay with us & I hope your husbands show went well.

Secondly - I much appreciate the time you have spent, expressing your experience with check out, and offer my apologies. Your description varies widely from what we usually have as feedback, and the said staff member has been with us for over 10 years. I can offer your our immediate apologies, and will have to conduct an investigation into this matter, and will be speaking with the guest who was at the desk to confirm your account of events. I was the "gentleman manning the desk yesterday evening", and happened to be in the back office when you arrived, entailing that I overheard the check in conversation. Our check out time has always been 11 AM, and you where informed about this, and were also provided with this information on the information slip at check in. With so much on your mind regarding the upcoming show - you probably overheard / oversaw this information. This however does not warrant the behaviour you describe.

I will definitely be seeking ways to ensure that we communicate check out time more clearly to our future guests, in order to avoid incidents of this nature in the future.

I trust your trip to Copenhagen was otherwise pleasant.

N. HALL - Owner

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Recommended and it didn't disappoint . Warm reception, and kindly upgraded , which was welcomed. Lovely room, with the 4 poster.
Location, superb, with the bus stop, just outside, with 5 mins into the city centre.
Breakfast was lovely, although at £20 per person, not on the loc cost side. Saying that , most places were of similar cost.
Would strongly recommend this hotel, strong value for money.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple