Reviews (1 455)
1 455 results
All reviews danish design vietnamese restaurant mid century finn juhl room cleaned street kitchen complimentary glass of wine tivoli gardens honesty bar busy road great design central station stylish hotel street noise city hall perfect location there is no air conditioning
225 - 230 of 1 455 reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2016

This is not a luxury hotel. I stayed in a single room. It was very basic, but had everything I needed. The bathroom was very large considering the size of the single, so I was quite happy to have a big shower with a rainforest shower head! I opted out of room cleaning and used my 100dkk coupon next door at Lele for dinner and felt like I got to eat for free!

The location is great and the staff revery helpful. I would recommend.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2016

We are travelling as 2 girl friends. By booking.com we had a good price offer, compared with other hotels in town.

We first had a room in the second floor upon the corner. The bathroom is really very small, about 1.5 square meter. It is a very uncomfortable feeling by closed inside.

We made the upgrade on the second day, with 100 krone/day which is very good offer, the room is much bigger, 5 floor, less noisy. However, the bathroom is a little bit bigger, but still below the standard size. There is no place to put anything beside the sink. The only place to put dry clothes is the closed WC.

The hotel entrance is well decorated, Danish design furniture, good atmosphere. Anna and other female staff in the reception are very friendly, helpful and polite. Beside the male manager.

I did check-in earlier alone. When my friend arrived around 6pm we decide to ask if there is other room available to upgrade.
The man in the reception answered ironically, "so what is the problem? the room was okay before but now suddenly not ok? what happened in few hours?" I explained that I arrived earlier but I waited for my friend to decide together, and I said the bathroom is really small.
He said "there is no other rooms available, maybe tomorrow, but I am not sure, I cannot promise, you have to ask tomorrow again"
I found this answer is not sincere. He could definitely see which rooms should check-out tomorrow, then chose one which has bigger bathroom and reserve it for us. I asked the price to upgrade, so it is not I am complaining and taking advantage...

Though I found the price is really fair, the mini bathroom and specially bad of one man still shouldn't be the consequence. It is a pity.

Room tip: Upper floor is quieter. Probably choose the suite so the bathroom will not be too small.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mikujiku
Jeppemuhlhausen, Direktør at Hotel Alexandra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear vanessa_2050,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Alexandra - we greatly appreciate your comments.

We are happy to hear that you liked the design-aspect of the hotel, as we are of course very passionate about mid-modern Danish furniture design, and it is important to us that we tell this story to our guests and that they notice - so thank you for that.

We are of course sorry to hear that you had a less positive experience with one of our employees and that you found our bathrooms to be too small. We do have rooms where the bathrooms are larger, but these are usually in an even higher category than the one that you upgraded to.

In regards to the employee, we are of course quite surprised, as we always strive to provide all of our guests with an exceptional, individual service. We hope that perhaps the situation was a misunderstanding, but will of course investigate the matter further, to make sure that it does not happen again.

Thank you once again for your review and we do hope that we get the chance to show you one of our larger rooms with bigger bathrooms, if you ever return to Copenhagen and would like to give us another chance.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Room tip: Hotel is on a main road so would ask for a room at the back if that sort of noise bothers you.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com
Reviewed 7 November 2016

The hotel is in great location. It is only 5-7 mins walk from the Central station and just 3-4 mins from Stroget or Tivoli. If you're travelling to this hotel then use train as the station is nearer then Metro station and journey time is shorter.
Our room was nice and clean. It had a good size bathroom with all necessary facilities. Tea and Coffee making facility was available in the room as well as a Safe. Bed were nice and comfortable. The room was nice and warm and it needed to be as it was cold outside. All the staffs at reception were friendly and helpful.
It was good value for money. This is my third visit to Copenhagen and if I return again then I will definitely stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Rameshlcfc
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I really liked the hotels. Great location. Staff were extremely helpful during check in and recommended places to eat and even checked for reservations on our behalf. Tasty and varied breakfast. I stayed in the first floor and the room and bathroom were well kept clean and comfortable. The only thing was the road was noisy and this did disturb my sleep, colleagues had a room facing the back which they said was fine so if I book again I will request this.

Trip type: Travelled on business