All reviews rooftop restaurant carlsberg brewery round window wine hour didn t hear free prosecco open bathroom industrial building nice view over the city hour bar cool hotel easy access to city hot spell lobby bar is hotel is located great hotel unpleasant smell
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

The Ottilia is a stylish boutique hotel in the old carlsberg brewery area of Copenhagen. The hotel has been created out of the old malting rooms. Modern and unusual is definitely the vibe. The hotel is not very conveniently located and expensive taxi rides are required to get to the main sights and shopping areas. On the plus side, the Ottillia offers a wine hour between 5 and 6 and a nice organic breakfast in the rooftop bar area. Lots of pluses, unfortunately these were outweighed by the big minus of no aircon! We visited during a hot spell and found it very difficult to sleep due to the heat. If you open the window it's slightly better but then we were woken at the crack of dawn by noise from the construction site next door. The other things I didn't like about the room were that they did not supply bathrobes. The tea and coffee making facilities are extremely basic consisting of two mugs without handles which become volcanically hot when filled so you can't lift them without burning your hands. No teaspoons either just some little wooden sticks.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BoardingPass0909
LeneL489, Direktør at Hotel Ottilia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2019

Dear BoardingPass424835

We have chosen not to have AC at the hotel as it is very rear that we need this in Copenhagen and I apologize if the heat has caused your difficulties sleeping.
However I am glad to see that you enjoyed our wine hour and our organic breakfast.

I wish you a nice day, and hope we will have the pleasure welcoming you back another time

Best regards

Reviewed 25 June 2019

The hotel itself is great - it's a beautiful boutique hotel with lovely common areas. The bedroom was really comfortable, great decor with a lovely window to sit and relax. The REN bathroom products (if you care) were a nice luxurious touch. The breakfast experience at the rooftop restaurant was one of the best I've experienced - a quality breakfast with so many options to choose from (even for those who might have food restrictions). In an expensive city like Copenhagen, this was so worth it. The staff is also really friendly and were helpful. For the price we paid, I think we got very lucky to be able to experience this gem in Copenhagen. The only downfall of this hotel right now is the construction / noise that comes with it, which is why I think we got it for the price we did. We got lucky that the spa construction stopped a couple hours after our check-in and since it was a long weekend, it didn't resume till Monday. Try and get a room on a floor higher up or in the adjacent building to the reception area. The noise is a lot less there. The Carlsberg brewery is also under renovation so we weren't able to experience that. Once all the construction is completed, I definitely see the prices going up for this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sheryl B

I am glad to see that you, despite the construction going on around us, enjoyed your stay with us.
And thank you for your nice words regarding the team.

We are working close with our neighbors in order to minimize the discomfort from the construction next to us, and the spa construction is finalized for the time being

I hope we will have the pleaseure welcoming you back anytime soon and I wish you a nice day

Reviewed 22 June 2019 via mobile

Super cool hotel with friendly staff. Location is great and rooms are stylish and clean. BUT if you get a room at the 4th floor be adviced that the music from the top floor bar will keep you awake. The staff at the hotel didn’t do much about the loud music and would not let us change rooms despite many phone calls to the front desk. Would not recommend for people with children or who values a good night’s sleep while at a hotel...

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fanny3400

Dear fanny3400

I apologize that you have been disturbed by a private party held at the roof top restaurant during your stay with us, and that we did not have the possibility to offer you another room due to a fully booked situation.

Thank you for your kind words regards the team and once again thank you for your feedback

I wish you a nice day

Reviewed 16 June 2019

They advertise AC but it does not exist. Our room was at 23 degrees all 4 nights and no matter how many times I asked them to fix it, nothing changed. You can hear people moving in the rooms above you, every foot step taken.

Pro: the food was good

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank R920OVmelanie

Dear R920OVmelanie

Thank you for your feedback.

I am terrible sorry if you have been informed that we have AC, as we do not.

it is very rear that AC is needed in Denmark and we have chosen not to have it at the hotel

I wish you a nice day and once again thank you for your feedback

Best regards

Reviewed 14 June 2019 via mobile

Ottilia has a wonderful design throughout. If you like Scandinavian Modern mixed with Industrial - which I do. Comfy beds. Very clean. Friendly staff. Decent breakfast.
Only problem is the hotel is surrounded by ongoing construction - and in part of the hotel. The noise is terrible. The smell of cement fills the air. It seems criminal to me that you aren’t notified upon booking that you will be faced with this. Not good enough.
Shame because the hotel is looking good.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank concisereport

Dear concisereport

I am happy to see that you enjoyed our design.

And I am sorry that you were disturbed by the construction work going on next to us.
As the construction is not part of the hotel, unfortunately we do not have the possibility to notify, but it has finished up for the time being.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I wish you a nice day

Best regards,