“Simply not good enough”
Review of La Sirene

La Sirene
Ranked #2 123 of 2 779 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Non-italian restaurant with Italian menu.
Good selection but quality simply not at a reasonable level. With their location it should be possible to keep a higher standard as there will always be customers around.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so jet-lagged when I stopped by here for dinner. I wasn't that hungry and ordered bruschetta instead of trying a veganised pasta dish. The bruschetta was just average. I was happy they included a steak knife to tackle it.
It took forever to get the bill :( ... couldn't get out of there fast enough.
Given the service, I probably wouldn't re-visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to eat here despite knowing about the poor ratings this place has received - we tend to like to experience a place for ourselves and the location is great.

On this occasion however, we couldn’t agree with the general feel of other reviewers more. Food was just about acceptable. Staff, on the other hand, were atrocious. They could really use a lesson in manners.

Thing like throwing menus on the table in front of you, generally ignoring you, serving food from behind your back, making a big fuss when you kindly ask to change table and having no sense of decorum or refinement make this a terrible restaurant to visit.

The cherry on the cake: my partner kindly asked to see the card machine before she paid to see how much she was being charged. The bald guy with a beard made a big fuss and proceeded to remark “we don’t steal here, you know”. Well I’m sorry mate but that’s not how you address paying customers.

Avoid this place like the plague. All it has going for it is location, but that alone is not worth your money.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I was there for a quick lunch with my grandchildren. Just had some Bruschettas and salads and cokes. Quite ok and quick service. A lively terrase towards the canale is a good place to eat lunch or dinner, when the weather is ok.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Went here on a freezing cold November night. It was tiny, little restaurant but I thought that made it so different. It was in the basement, which were a few steep steps down. Although, during the day and through summer you could dine outside. The portions are huge and you would struggle to eat it all but all in all a pleasant evening.