All reviews beautiful design boutique hotel wine hour shopping district excellent hotel location is great good size cph amenities bluetooth television cons pros wardrobe luxury metro toiletries
Reviewed 28 July 2018

This was our first time in Copenhagen, and if we return (I hope!) we will not hesitate to stay again at the Herman K. What a unique, warm, yet sophisticated hotel! The moment we arrived our greeter, Bogden (sorry if I spelled that incorrectly!) made us feel welcome and at home. Marlyse was just one of the many servers who made our meals a pleasure. Lise, the manager, provided excellent recommendations for dinner and beyond, and always stopped to stay hello. The rooms were well appointed, beds comfortable, nice TV (for the husband), well-designed bathrooms and airconditioning - if you happen to catch Copenhagen in a heatwave, which we did! The decor of the lobby/restaurant/outdoor deck was so well done. Free wine and nightcap hour. I'd recommend the suite package which included drinks and breakfast. My daughter needed a doctor for a minor medical issue that might have become more had we not been able to attend to it - the Herman K team was on it! The doctor on call was available in a flash, prescribed antibiotics and we were good to go. What service! Oh and the location - perfect! This hotel and its staff made our trip to Copenhagen truly memorable. Thank you Herman K team.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Lise E, Direktør at Hotel Herman K, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear Laramony,

Thank you!

It was a true pleasure to have you and your family staying with us.
We truly hope to see you back.

We want to stand out by being very personal but still of course professional. so I'm pleased to hear that both the staff and I have left you with exactly this impression.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Herman K, a small boutique hotel, opened recently. We stayed two nights in hot weather and so appreciated the a.c., unusual in CPH. Our room, one of the smallest, was tiny, but beautiful design, great bed, convenient charging outlets so the size was not a problem.. Sleek, modern Danish design. Bathroom is beautiful, very good shower and amenities. Great location. The two best things were the staff and the breakfast. Staff were engaging, helpful, friendly, professional to the max! Best breakfast we ever had. Broad choices with freshest organic fruits, veggies, smoothies, juices, and cooked to order choices as well. Ate a terrific, tasting menu at Roxie, located in hotel but separately managed. Great service there as well. Perfect CPH experience.

Room tip: only 31 rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Paula,

Thank you for taking your time to do a review on your stay.
Great location, Danish Design, modern, great bed and the best breakfast.

I happy that we helped to make your CPH experience perfect.

Lise Egenius, Genera Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

À super hôtel for a week-end, we felt right at home. This is definitely a modern hotel, and the feel is very much vibrant and simple chic. I would argue with the 5 stars and challenge the price but we knew what we were getting into.
Pluses: Super helpful staff, central location, modern unfussy feel, great audio system in the rooms, excelllent breakfast.
Minuses: our room was really small, the AC was fussy, and We found the room a little pricey (but hey this is CPH...).

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdHopper
Lise E, Direktør at Hotel Herman K, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Ed Hopper,

Thank you for taking your time to do a review on your stay.
It seem that our concept went right into your hearts.
Location, super helpful staff and vibrant atmosphere

- So Copenhagen

Lise Egenius, general manager

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I had just spent some time in Frederikshavn, in Northern Denmark. A lovely seaside town, with friendly people and good, simple fresh food. Came to Copenhagen, the world center of trendy right now, to enjoy a bit of sophistication. I was mentally prepared to sacrifice a little of the warmth to get it.

But at the Hotel Herman K, I got both. Right from the welcome to dinner to breakfast. HK is a new hotel, open but for a few weeks. And if there were wrinkles to be ironed out, I failed to notice.

The rooms are smart and well appointed. Our suite was a good size. It’s a boutique hotel right in the heart of town, so you don’t have to move far. There is no gym but the hotel has an arrangement with a nice gym five minutes away.

Our welcome and check in experience was warm and friendly and fast.

Dinner is dished out in “Roxie” by a young team uprooted from one of the city’s Michelin rated restaurants and they provide the quality without (yet) the recognition. It’s the same Danish ideal of fresh food we had in Frederikshavn but done with a lot of finesse. It’s that rare mix of food that looks good, tastes good, and is good for you. Served in as relaxed a manner as it was created in the open kitchen. (Best steak tartare I ever had.)

Great cocktails in the bar.

The next day, a nice breakfast, then off on a walk around the beautiful streets that surround the hotel.

Lovely.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 843RobertH
Lise E, Direktør at Hotel Herman K, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Robert H.

Thank you for taking your time to do a review on your stay.

It's not often I get the opportunity to tell a guest that I'm glad that he failed. But in this case I'm really happy to do, that it is of course said with a glimpse in the eye.
We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and reading your review I see that we made our goal.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We had a quick 2 day/2night stopover in Copenhagen and decided on the Herman K due to it's location and really cool vibes. We stayed in a Tiny Room, which included breakfast and room service delivered beer/cocktails (also down in the bar area).

The room was really nice, granted it was Tiny. But everything was very well thought out in the room, with plenty of chargers near the bed, robes, and room for most everything we had brought. The bathroom was also surprisingly large for something called a Tiny room...I was anticipating a cruise ship style bathroom.

The most amazing part about this hotel was the staff. My wife had a tumble on a bicycle (I think we were a bit overconfident regarding our skills considering we saw all the locals zipping around). She was scraped up pretty bad and her wrist really hurt, so the staff (I feel terrible but I cannot remember names :/) quickly grabbed ice, called a hospital, and arranged for a taxi and an appointment for us. We got in really quick, and they laughed when we asked about cost/insurance (this makes me ashamed to be an American, where this 30 minute hospital visit would have taken hours and likely cost thousands of dollars for a foreign visitor). Luckily there was no major damage, just a sprain and some cuts.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank snappy987
Lise E, Direktør at Hotel Herman K, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Snappy987,

We call it "Tiny but great experience" and it seems exactly what you got by staying with us.
Tiny room is a smaller room however it includes everything from our organic breakfast to the all inclusive minibar that can- as you described - be enjoyed in th room, on the Lounge terrasse and even in the lobby bar.

I am happy to hear that my staff really stepped up and made your wife's misfortune as good as an experience as possible. I hope that she has fully recovered.

Maybe we will get the opportunity to see you back for another quick citybreak?
We promise to stay cool and vibrant

Best regards