Marathonisi (Turtle Island)
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Marathonisi (Turtle Island)
from US$32,00
More Info
from US$28,80
More Info
Reviews (2 467)
2 467 results
1 467
1 467
All reviews turtle island boat trip turtle spotting floating bar eggs glass bottom boat turtles swimming laganas beach small boat yellow submarine crystal clear water lovely trip swim stops nice beach blue caves boats sea
89 - 94 of 2 467 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

It's a fun experience but I wouldn't do it again seeing how the turtles are being hunted down practically by tourist boats. Whenever there is one popping his head up from the water, a few people scream and 5 to 6 boats full of tourists rush up to it, sometimes sailing straight over it. I get that people read this and think, but I want to see them!! But at least, try to reconsider. Also, you don't see them that well. And lastly, do not go in the water and approach them yourself. It's illegal as well.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

...less cool was literally chasing old, poor turtle by the boat full of tourists. The Turtle Island was covered by beautiful sand and ...tones of trash left by the stupid tourists. Generally I think it should be real Turtles Island. For turtles only! It's their place. So I definitely won't back there.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Julia F
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Went turtle spotting June 22nd, Sue was our guide ("super guide) , got off to a Rocky start with the rope tangled on the anchor, but the local divers got it out. We spotted two turtles, one female who was shy and left, and one spectacular male who stuck around long enough to take pictures and video. It was a great excursion on a lovely boat. The blue Keri caves were magical, and swimming off the coast of Marathonisi was tremendous fun. My only concern was waayyy too many boats out at the same time, the Zante government really needs to monitor better and protect the turtles more. The bus pick up and drop off was also very smooth. I can't recommend this excursion enough, it really was a highlight of my trip, to see these majestic creatures in their habitat, tks to Sue and crew!

1  Thank dchlomi
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We went on this trip and there were too many on the boat, not enough seats and the rest had to squeeze up by the railings. We did manage to see two turtles very quickly but then it was just two stops for swimming in the sea. Having said that it is a pleasant half day out with stunning scenery so worth the €25 price we paid each including coach transfer. Not bad when it cost us €22 each way to get a taxi just into Zante town from Kypseli and back on another day out.

1  Thank kdnp
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Went on turtle cruise and yes we saw only two but brilliant to see came right upto boat sticking there heads out got pictures great...

1  Thank eileanwalker