All reviews rooftop pool archaeological museum central location the bus bit dated excellent location per day within walking distance the ground floor rooms are comfortable centre of town very nice hotel buffet breakfast balcony knossos crete euros
Reviewed 27 September 2018

We stayed here for one night at the end of our stay in Crete so as we could catch an early ferry to Paros. The room was small, the bed hard and the bathroom very basic. Breakfast was fine with plenty of options. When we went to check out we waited ages for the very slow lift to the lobby, then there was only one person on the desk. We were third in line and by the time we got served there were 5 or 6 others waiting. Very ordinary all round.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018

A nice quality hotel in the centre of Heraklion, just a five minute walk from the harbour. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and quiet (particularly quiet on the upper floors). They have a very nice restaurant which also serves a good buffet breakfast, and there's a nice swimming pool and pool bar on the roof. Staff are helpful and efficient. Altogether very good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

As an Expedia gold member I've booked hotel Capsis Astoria's Executive Suite and I've arrived at 8pm after long day trip on the island when I've checked-in I've realized that the room was budget economy instead of executive suite, I've came down to the reception to solve the issue, and receptionist was telling me that I've called them and changed the room, which I haven't done. In the end I was given the room that I've booked.
the light bulb in bathroom was burned and shower door was broken, when you are 4 star hotel at least this kind of things should be fixed.

Room tip: Executive rooms that are on side, don't choose rooms with front view it's a noisy square.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Another wonderful stay at Astoria Capsis. A clean and comfortable hotel with a great location right in the center of Heraklion Town. Delicious breakfast, friendly and polite stuff. Everything was perfect!! Highly recommended!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Accommodations and location were fine. Staff extremely helpful, finding our left bag at the airport and arranging a superb meal. Restaurant was open for early coffee when jet lag called our first day.

Date of stay: August 2018