“Taverna”
Review of Taverna Kantouni

Taverna Kantouni
Ranked #151 of 489 Restaurants in Chania Town
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The meats are very good service is fast and food is good. Prices are fare and you could say cheap so go and enjoy...

Reviewed 4 May 2018

We dined here twice, drawn in by the number of locals eating here. It's no fuss food, good quality and very tasty - we cleared our plates! Waiters were very welcoming, house wine is really cheap and the salads complement the meat well. Didn't feel like a tourist! Definitely recommend, fantastic food without all the tourist trimmings.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. Completely traditional. Charcoal Grilled dishes primarily, low prices large servings

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are in Crete on a holiday. We have passed this restaurant over the last few days and it was always full, so we decided to try it. We are very glad we did!

Great personalised service with a smile (Joseph) . Nice local wine (barrel). Highly recommend the Ntakos for a starter. It's a Greek version of bruschetta but with this amazing soft sheeps cheese. My husband had a steak and I had lamb chops, with a shared side of Greek salad. Both the mains of meat were nicely spiced and well cooked (still pink, the way we like it). The Greek salad was HUGE and we weren't able to finish it.

Overall great experience and we will definitely we back before we leave to Australia.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We decided to try the lamb ribs for dinner (it was my whim). It was yummy ribs. Traditional Greek restaurant. From the side, nothing special, quiet small place, staff not very attentive. However, it is a favorite place for local people and the restaurant was full. The four points I give for the fried fresh food. I do not liken that it measured the coolest. But I would recommend to stop by and taste the fresh grilled meat.