All reviewsgreek nightthe busshop on siteonsite supermarketbasic breakfast foodbuy the ticketsreasonable hourpool viewmini marketsmall super marketair conditioningnice pool areaspent a week hereone bedroom apartmentregular bus serviceroad noiseself catering
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Nice hotel with very sympatic staff! Both in the reception and bar/restaurant. The room was OK. Clean and OK equipped. Nice pool area - but too hot to stay!
Dogs next door barked a lot. Especially after dark. IT was very annoyong! Please pay the neigbour to move to another place - far away from a hotel with paying guests! Before arriving l read about these dogs in other reviews so IT can not be a new problem. I am afraid I will not return to this hotel because of these dogs.

A tip: tear down the old stone building across the road, - make access to the little beach and put some sunbeds there. The beach 400 m away is too crowded! That would have been nice!

Room Tip: Far away from the busy road and barking dogs
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gkf1966
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

A nice little hotel in Kalamaki. We have stayed here one week and enjoyed it. The staff is friendly and serviceminded. The rooms are neat and comfortable. Roomservice 6 days a week. We have enjoyed it here during our stay. Lunch and dinner at fair prices. Avoid their coffee... more water than...
They have theme nights three times a week including a greek evening with Zorba dance around the pool.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael J
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We got what we expected and more! Our studio was more than big enough for our needs, furnished with taste, with a little kitchenette so we were able to cook the fish that my husband was catching at the little port in front of the hotel. The pool was nice, there is a bar and restaurant at the pool. We didn’t use the restaurant but the people who did were quite happy with the food. I would like to make a special mention about three people; the lady who cleaned our studio was always cheerful and cleaned really really well, I would rate her 10/10 and then the two ladies at the reception. They were both always smiling, always there to help you with any service you needed. They are both a great asset to the hotel. There is a little shop which is part of the hotel complex and it’s great for fresh bread and the odds and ends you might end up needing. The bus stop to Chania is right in front of the hotel and you save 80 cents a ticket if you buy the tickets in the little shop, (2.50 euro on the bus – 1.70 euro at the shop).I would happily recommend the Porto Kalamaki hotel to others and my husband has already stated that we have to go back next year (but his reason is mainly for the great fishing).

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lisaitalyMilan
Reviewed 27 May 2017

I was lucky to find this place as it was really pretty. The allocated room was specious and so was the balcony. Hotel is slightly away from Chania, however, its very well served by local bus. Hotel can arrange tours or walks for you. The pool was very nice, little beach bar could feed you when you get hungry. In this price range you getting rather good deal. On the other hand you could use pool only until 6 pm, what I found rather limited and I never understand why hotels do this.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Pa3ck-London
Reviewed 29 March 2017

It is a 2 stars hotel. We had one bedroom and studio rooms and both weresufficient big, and clean . Rooms included small kitchen for breakfast .
Pool was big and lovely
Hotels's restaurant had goodfood. Average cost about 12 eur per person.On Fridays they had also tango. Not to be missed! the couple that danced there offered also a small lecture workshop during the performance. Very interesting. Actually this was the reason I start dancing with my husband back in France!! They offered also many cretan night, and live music.

Thereis o small super market, Somone can buy fresh bread every morning and basic breakfast food.

friendly staff