“Really great place!”

Porto Kalamaki Hotel Apartments
Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Chania Town
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We got what we expected and more! Our studio was more than big enough for our needs, furnished with taste, with a little kitchenette so we were able to cook the fish that my husband was catching at the little port in front of the hotel. The pool was nice, there is a bar and restaurant at the pool. We didn’t use the restaurant but the people who did were quite happy with the food. I would like to make a special mention about three people; the lady who cleaned our studio was always cheerful and cleaned really really well, I would rate her 10/10 and then the two ladies at the reception. They were both always smiling, always there to help you with any service you needed. They are both a great asset to the hotel. There is a little shop which is part of the hotel complex and it’s great for fresh bread and the odds and ends you might end up needing. The bus stop to Chania is right in front of the hotel and you save 80 cents a ticket if you buy the tickets in the little shop, (2.50 euro on the bus – 1.70 euro at the shop).I would happily recommend the Porto Kalamaki hotel to others and my husband has already stated that we have to go back next year (but his reason is mainly for the great fishing).

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisaitalyMilan

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I was lucky to find this place as it was really pretty. The allocated room was specious and so was the balcony. Hotel is slightly away from Chania, however, its very well served by local bus. Hotel can arrange tours or walks for you. The pool was very nice, little beach bar could feed you when you get hungry. In this price range you getting rather good deal. On the other hand you could use pool only until 6 pm, what I found rather limited and I never understand why hotels do this.

Stayed: October 2016
1  Thank Pa3ck-London
Reviewed 29 March 2017

It is a 2 stars hotel. We had one bedroom and studio rooms and both weresufficient big, and clean . Rooms included small kitchen for breakfast .
Pool was big and lovely
Hotels's restaurant had goodfood. Average cost about 12 eur per person.On Fridays they had also tango. Not to be missed! the couple that danced there offered also a small lecture workshop during the performance. Very interesting. Actually this was the reason I start dancing with my husband back in France!! They offered also many cretan night, and live music.

Thereis o small super market, Somone can buy fresh bread every morning and basic breakfast food.

friendly staff

Stayed July 2016,

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Me and my friends, we stayed at the hotel at the end of October and we had really nice time!! We originally booked a studio and Mrs.Maria offered us an apartment with sea view(yeah!)! The rest of the staff was also really friendly, the service was very good and the cleaning was amazing!! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank wisdombeginsinwonder
Reviewed 14 November 2016

I stayed at Porto Kalamki with wife and two young kids. My expectation was to get basic, clean apartment with Kitchenette and restaurants and other amenities in close proximity. Porto Kalamaki matched wit my expectation, here is + and - (very few) points -
+Cleanliness in the apartment
+Helpful and courteous staff
+No designated parking space, but it seems roadside parking very common in Chania. I managed to get space everyday during my 7 day stay, so no complains
+No Iron in the room (this is basic expectation from any hotel/apartment), but was provided immediately upon request
+Had read about loud music complaint but didn't face any such problem
+Good restaurants, bus stop within 10 min walk

-Shower enclosure(well, it's not enclosed) is tiny and we always ended up making the entire bathroom floor wet after taking shower.

Overall, good value for money, I would recommend if you have similar expectation.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family