“Excellent! Excellent!”

Athens-Tour-Guide
Ranked #39 of 335 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private tours by a Licensed Tour Guide in Athens and nearby locations. Choose the right tour and make your trip memorable!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My friend and I decided to hire a guide to be able to understand the history of the Acropolis and not just think, "What a cool pile of old columns!" Boy are we glad we choose Onoufrios! The man is a walking history and linguistics textbook. Trust me. It was a very laid back tour and he never once seemed annoyed at all 965 billion questions that we asked him. We did a half day tour of The Acropolis, the museum, and walked through some of the old town starting in the Monastiraki area. I wish he could have been my history teacher in school. I would have definitely enjoyed going to class way more! He is clearly very passionate about where he is from and is eager to share with others. He ties in history with present day in an interesting way. Don't hesitate, go learn with him! Thanks for everything!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"greece"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous tour of Athens with onoufrios . Saw all the major sites including acropolis, acropolis museum, temple of Zeus, markets etc. He took us to a nice restaurant for a traditional Greek lunch. He is very passionate about his country and it’s history.
When my family went to the market to shop he took me to the forum and we sat where Socrates and Plato had taught. A very good interesting and intelligent guide. His tour was very informative and quite reasonably priced. I would highly recommend him.

Onoufrios-Dovletis, Ιδιοκτήτης at Athens-Tour-Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much Terry!
I'm glad you enjoyed the Agora where Socrates taught.
It was my pleasure meet all of you.
Best regards from Athens,
Onoufrios

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Our tour guide, Leonidas, was very pleasant and spoke very good English. Since he was not driving (the driver, from our impression, is being familiarized the way to Delphi though he added tidbits to Leonidas commentary), he was able to focus on us and share his very good knowledge of Greece history and interesting tidbits. He also pointed to us interesting places on the way along the countryside. He made sure that we were comfortable and answered our questions confidently. We would not hesitate to highly recommend him to other tourists.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We were very fortunate to find Terry at CATT. He speaks excellent English and was always ready to assist us. I had arranged a 5 hour tour of Athens to see the highlights of the city. Terry arranged a private guide for us at the Acropolis and saved us over half the cost of guides we had found on Trip Advisor as well as other sites. Our guide there was excellent. And she paced her exploration around both the physical abilities of our small group as well as our interest levels.
Terry is very knowledgeable about Athens and the surrounding area. Due to an unexpected bicycle race on our tour date, he showed us some things we might otherwise not have seen and also extended our time at no additional charge.
When we returned to Athens from Mykonos, he was able to meet us at the airport for a transfer to our hotel. And this, also, was far less expensive than the transfers we had arranged for our initial arrival.
In addition to taking excellent care of us, Terry made us feel as if there was no one more important than us. He was always very prompt in responding to contact - whether by e-mail, phone, text, or Whatsapp. All in all, he truly made our visit to Athens special.
I would highly recommend the use of his company and would only consider using it for a return visit.

1  Thank Mardi B
Onoufrios-Dovletis, Ιδιοκτήτης at Athens-Tour-Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hello,
This review is for someone else. I hope you find the right person and post it on their page

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 April 2018

We were delighted to find a guide who could personalize our tour interests and patiently wind us through the lines and toward the important structures and the history that defined them. We never felt rushed as we asked dozens of questions and we were pleased as Onoufrios helped us discover new facts and interpretations of places we had visited before. It is great that he is flexible in adjusting tour plans to personal requests and willing to share the depth of his knowledge, no doubt a result of his academic study. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a personal, well paced tour of Athens.