“Incredible "above and beyond" hospitality”
other travellers have booked this property
Our home
Studio and garden Studio and private veranda
Check Availability
Church and mountains
Nea Makri town
Sanctuary of the Egyptian Gods
St Ephraim monastery
Schinias beach from the mountain
Schinias beach
Tumulus of the Athenians
Ramnous archaeological site
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
kim p
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Incredible "above and beyond" hospitality”
Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

I am English speaking and it was a daunting task going to Greece.Chris and Sylvia are an ideal place to go to,because they are fluent in English and Greek . So in situations where I needed translation Chris was invaluable. I knew I would need some extra assistance with airport pick-up and ferry pick up and drop-off. Chris gave me a very reasonable all-inclusive price including accommodation ,breakfast and transfers.

He took me to the bus with detailed instructions on the first day. It is not difficult to get to the Athens city centre from Nea Makri. He also took me to the grocery store on the first day. He helped me book my ferry tickets too(took me to a travel agent). He also took me on a sight-seeing trip of the highlights around Nea Makri on the final day just out of the kindness of his heart, because he thought I should not miss these.

Everything was spotless .The breakfasts were beautifully presented. I also had a bicycle at my disposal-which I used to cycle along the beach road. The garden of Villa Verde is simply stunning.

So finally Chris and Sylvia simply could not have done more for me. They made my holiday in Greece a glorious experience for which I will always be grateful. They are so much more than simply accommodation(which is phenomenal anyway) . They will help with transport and any travel details that may need ironing out.. Chris is an efficient tour guide as well. I recommend them completely wholeheartedly .

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Apr 2013
We just love hosting guests who make our efforts worthwhile. It's just a shame that Kim lives a bit too far away to pop over here again with her family. Maybe we'll have to test the shark infested waters of Cape Town instead. Kim visited us from South Africa.
Stephen P
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent location, excellent quality studios with superb hosts.”
Reviewed 13 April 2013 for a stay in September 2012

Look no further than this, Villa Verde is 30 mins from Athens airport, eating, drinking & beaches are a 5 minute walk away. The accommodation is immaculate and cleaned well each day day. A 25 minute bus ride takes you to the tube station where the underground takes around 10 minutes into the City where you must visit the Plaka area, Acropolis & Likavitos. There is plenty of brochure info in each studio or Chris & Silvia are at hand to give you help & advice in plentiful, they both speak some good Greek too. The lawned gardens surrounded by carefully tended bushes & shrubs make it a delight to return to after your day out, a beer, sat in your chairs on your patio under your parasol is a nice way to chill until you venture down the road to the tavernas & bars close by for your evening meal. Wi Fi is there with no charge as is television with endless channels. Chris could possibly pick you up from the airport to bring you in. The port of Rafina is 15 minutes away by bus or car where you can sail off to the islands on the ferries, eat at the excellent fish tavernas or spend the day on the sandy beach where there is lots of parking for those who take the car. Once you have been to Villa Verde you will return for future holidays, our two visits this year will make it 5 visits in 2 years, that says it all. The studios are well kitted out with good furniture, plenty of storage, comfortable beds and a well equipt kitchen area that has some really handy things in the cabinet to get you started. l can think of no negatives at all for this place and can't wait to get on the plane again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ease of getting there, having a spotless place to arrive at along with good hosts.
Liked least: No negatives whatsoever
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Apr 2013
We very much look forward to seeing Steve again later this year, with Chris, Richard or whoever else from his family chooses to accompany him. Whilst we love helping our visitors to make the most of their time in Greece, it's also great to relax with guests who are completely self sufficient. Thanks, Steve, for your very kind comments! Steve and his family visit us from England.
Brunssum
Reviewed 9 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
9 Mar 2013
Thanks for your very kind comments and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon. (John and Lenda visited us from the Netherlands.)
Ghent
Reviewed 21 February 2013 for a stay in July 2010

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers
21 Feb 2013
Mieke, Geert and their children only stayed for a few days but we remember that they couldn't just relax. Whenever they got back here from one day out they were always planning their next journey. We learned more form them about Greek archaeological sites then they learned from us, and we've lived here for many, many years!
enezuela
Reviewed 13 February 2013 for a stay in December 2012

People with disabilities
13 Feb 2013
Coastal Greece doesn't attract many winter visitors so it was good to have Isabel's company through December and into January. We wondered how she might enjoy her time here with mixed weather but we need not have worried. Even when the weather was not so good, she was happy to fill her time by writing, walking and socialising. Isabel is a very good example of someone arriving at Villa Verde as a complete stranger and leaving as a good friend. (Isabel visited us from Venezuela.)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing