“Amazing Selection of Ouzo, Wine and Beer”

O'Brettos Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #291 of 2 693 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Description: 1 bar and one restaurant in Plaks. Ouzo and Liquer bar. Really cool place with fantastically coloured displays of drinks.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We were immediately drawn into the bar from the amazing lit display of bottles. The owner helped us determine what we wanted to drink and the fun began. What a wonderful atmosphere, bar tender and shop owner. We didn't eat but we certainly drank enough. I had never had Ouzo before but I certainly had my fair share while we were in Athens. I would highly recommend this place. The owner was dead on with my wine choice once I described what taste I was looking for. I would have never thought a Rose' was the one.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Once you step in you will be overwhelmed by the atmosphere of the place. The smoothest Ouzo I ever drank (red 48%).

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We spotted this place opposite where we had dinner and were drawn in by the interior design for a post-dinner drink. It claims to be the oldest distillery in Greece, having been in business since 1909. It has a great atmosphere and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Plaka.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I've been coming here for about 25 years on and off and this last time I thoguth "what the hell have they done to Brettos".
It seemed livelier and busier than ever before and I think a slightly different approach to the bar (they have wine now!) certainly helps.
Love this place and hope I always will - popi in for a try ans you will be there for hours ...
It is however a drinking establishment and is in no way a restaurant - blame Tripadvisor for that - unless you happen to think that olives and cheese is dining.
Just dont look too closely at the electrics!

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

A nice place in Plaka that we visited over and over again. It has the finest collection of Greek wines, a superb atmosphere , a nice staff, great ouzo (of their own) and a large collection of liquers.

The owner is always approaching the patrons and wants to learn things about each one of them.

Thank Andrei Alexandr... E