US$180
US$541
LuxuryCollection
Reviews (1 076)
1 076 results
All reviewssyntagma squaregreat locationwalking distancegreek parliamentspacious bathroomparliament househotel is locatedking georgevery nice hotelluxury hotellate checkermou streetsuperior roomairport busacropolis viewgrande bretagnegreece
11 - 16 of 1 076 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is in a great central location. We had a family suit and it consisted of two spacious connected rooms and included two balconies. It's a very generous setup for a hotel in city center. I can't complain of anything with the room itself. Nicely furnished. Many features and amenities with everything in working condition. The only covet is that we were told these rooms are only in lower floors so no views. The service here was good. The bell person brought us our luggage promptly and thoroughly went over every feature of the room and seemed very genuine and welcoming. The front staff were friendly and helpful. The only incident I disliked was when I asked for a metered city taxi, they told me it is safer if they call it for me so I would not be cheated. When the taxi showed up the doorman directed us to it. The taxi driver told me his meter is not receiving signal and turned it off. After having further conversation with him, I found out he works with the hotel and they use him for flat rate trips. While he was very personable and friendly with perfect English, I thought the hotel's conduct was a bit deceitful. We ended up paying a reasonable flat rate since I had an idea how much it would cost and the driver did not want to leave a negative impression knowing i was not happy with the arrangement. But an unsuspecting traveler, could have easily be taken advantage of in this situation.

Room Tip: higher floors have view of acropolis
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Marilena Z, Public Relations Manager at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Greetings from the NJV Athens Plaza!
We would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Athens and for sharing with Trip Advisor such a kind review of our property. We were delighted to read that our top location in the heart of the city was so very well appreciated. We would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and their performance, and for finding our Hotel's setup very generous. We very much appreciate it.
As our main concern is to provide the best accommodation and service to all our Guests, we were unpleasantly surprised with the described Taxi-driver issue. We do cooperate with several taxi drivers in order to avoid such incidents. Our Taxi drivers are obliged to always use their taxi-meters for any routes apart from the drives to/from the airport where there is a flat rate. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience cause.
We would appreciate your most valuable feedback (perhaps the name of the driver or the make of the car) in order to further investigate and clarify the matter. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.
We trust that this most unfortunate issue will not leave you with a negative impression of our services.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good hotel on Syntagma Square. Good breakfast even if I have had better food in other Hotels of the same level.
They offer tours organized by Chat. I tried one which was quite good and the tour guide was very Knowledgeable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are looking for a perfect location in Athens that does not break the bank this hotel is perfect. We had two rooms with a view of the Acropolis that was breathtaking. Very comfortable rooms and nice service

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Was clean, comfortable pillows and bedding, central convenient location by main square. Breakfast ok. Orange juice amazing!

Photos on website misleading as feature views from a suite you cannot access unless you have this suite of course.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Marilena Z, Public Relations Manager at NJV Athens Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Greetings from the NJV Athens Plaza!
We would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Athens and for writing a review with Trip Advisor. We were delighted to read that your stay was very comfortable and that our central location in the heart of the city, was much appreciated. Regarding our website photos please be advised that apart from the courtyard rooms, all other rooms and suites share fabulous views of Athens city center, Syntagma square, Voukourestiou Street, Stadiou Street, while 30% of them all, have a fabulous view of the Acropolis. Our Hotel's reservations team would have been more than happy to help you reserve your preferable view room / suite, upon availability.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Family room was big and well sized though only 1 bathroom. Staff at reception, including elderly gentleman who seemed like the senior manager on desk was cool. Ignored my attempts to check in though there were 2 staff on desk. Waved me away and told me to wait then seemed surprised to see me again when I approached them after a wait. Both decided they’d deal with massive busload of Asian tour group guests first with no consideration for other guests.. No warm welcome here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Greetings from the NJV Athens Plaza!
We would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay in Athens and for writing a review with Trip Advisor. We would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during check in. Our Front Office members regularly receive very positive feedback regarding their efficiency and politeness. We are very sorry this was not the case. Please accept our sincere apologies for not delivering the best accommodation experience to you and your family.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future so that perhaps your estimation about our property and services may be reconsidered.