Reviews (4 228)
2 213
1 355
2 213
1 355
All reviews the executive lounge galaxy bar diamond member milos restaurant indoor pool acropolis view per day great pool business center mini bar top floor very nice hotel roof bar metro station syntagma square an amazing view euros
845 - 850 of 4 228 reviews
Reviewed 23 November 2016

This hotel not only speaks about service but performs at the optimal; great balance between providing fast yet friendly solutions to any challenge that they encounter.

I had a missing luggage issue and arrived at the lobby at 11.30pm after a long and tiring day of flights, the team was quick to address my concerns by following up daily with the airport and providing updates of my luggage location; within 36 hours it was retrieved and at the hotel. The staff also provide relevant amenities to ease my tiredness and exhausting travels upon check-in. The thoughtfulness and thoroughness to provide excellent service is definitely at the core of the team at Hilton Athens.

Moreover, I was rewarded with an upgrade and a great view of the Acropolis as I awoke the next morning. Brilliant sunrise and sunset views from XX30 room; only downer was the crane/construction that is occurring across the road between the Acropolis site and Hilton. But this is temporary and there are pockets of opportunities for a great picture.

As my flight out of Athens was early and I had to leave the hotel at 5am. I request for breakfast to be packed at 11pm the night before and to my surprise, Viola! The next morning upon my checkout hot coffee and a pack with yogurt, banana, apple, sandwich and muffins was ready for my journey to the airport. I am absolutely sold after the wonderful gesture and fantastic show of true service excellence.

Swimming pool/fitness centre is fantastically designed with sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi pool for each sex. Updated machines for a great work out and ample space to house easily 30 persons and still being within you personal comfort zone. Heated indoor pool for cool weather and an outdoor for the summer. Could spend easily 3 hours in the centre and still come back for more; especially for gym junkies.

Location is well situated in an area with amble embassies. For those particular about security this is very well protected. Cab ride to the city centre cost less than €5; I walked everyday for about 20-25mins and in this November cool weather, it's an amazing journey. Distance to the airport is well within 30-45min travel time depending on traffic by car; quick in and out. Lots of high end, modern and classy restaurants situated 10mins walking towards Byzantine Museum/Likavittos.

Room looks decently designed but it's well maintained and large for an executive deluxe; with separate bath and rain shower. Shape of the rest room is odd but still great. Room had sufficient space for 3 large suitcases to be fully opened and still walking space was available and sitting at the sofa is not a problem. Room included a balcony to watch the Acropolis and outdoor pool.

Kudos to the hotel and GM for running such a tight ship and having such a high functioning team. Well coordinated, helpful, effective and efficient. Rarely seen and experience at a chain within Europe.

Room tip: Request for Rooms XX20-XX36 (XX depends on level). Great view of Acropolis.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Dear Sir/Madame,

We would like to thank you for having chosen the Hilton Athens as your place of residence.

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and were completely satisfied by the amenities and services provided. Your warm and sincere input on the general ambience of the hotel, the comfort of your room as well as our friendly efficient team is truly much appreciated!

Look forward to welcoming you back and extend once again the warm Greek hospitality standards.

With best regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2016

We spent a night at this location prior to boarding a cruise in July. All aspects of our stay were first class. While not located in the heart of the city, it was a short and pleasant walk to the main sights. Alternatively it's a very short cab ride.

Our room was extremely comfortable, clean and well appointed. We felt pampered by all interactions with the hotel staff. We will not hesitate to stay at this location again if we are visiting Athen.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Martin,

Many thanks for taking the time to submit your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are more than delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the first class services provided by our efficient helpful team. Your review has been shared with them.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Athens, once you visit Athens again!

With best regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

This is one of the best Hiltons I've stayed over the years. It is contemporary in style with the marble decor reminding you where you are. The amenities are of good quality and the views to the Acropolis are special. The rooms are spacious and very nicely appointed.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Dear Sir/Madame,

It is with great pleasure to read that you found all the amenities and services provided to be of excellent quality. Your positive rewarding feedback is appreciated and shared with my team.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2016

This is an excellent hotel. The beautiful marble bathroom and the view overlooking the Acropolis and Athens, although very distant, was amazing!. The customer service at check-in and the restaurant was very nice. I did not have time to have breakfast as I only stay for one night and left before breakfast time, but the snacks and drinks at the Exec lounge were excellent. The roof top restaurant was a bit expensive, but I have to say, they are very generous with the food portions. I however, did not like the waitress staying so close to my table and interrupting my meal time too many times. Overall, it was a very nice stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sir/Madame,

Many thanks for taking the time to write and submit your input on the Hilton Athens stay.

We are glad to note that you enjoyed your visit and were satisfied with all the facilities and services. In particular your comments on the great customer service are appreciated and shared with my team.

Do look forward to welcoming you back in the not distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We spent a night at this hotel prior to embarking on a cruise the next day. The hotel is very easy to get to from the airport via the streetcar system, and it is very centrally located to many popular tourist attractions. The food was great, and the staff were very helpful. Our room was excellent, clean, everything working as expected. We hope we can come back soon, and would certainly choose this hotel again.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you very much for posting your wonderful review.

We are glad to read that you had a great stay and all facilities and services were to your satisfaction. Your warm comments on our helpful team have been shared with them and are appreciated!

Certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

With kind regards,