All reviews rooftop terrace perfect location every morning noisy hotel beautiful hotel car rental until midnight breakfast area breakfast is served huge bathroom walking distance to acropolis shopping and restaurants greek omelet historical sights hadrian's arch stayed here for three nights boutique hotel
Reviewed 31 March 2018

It is a wonderful hotel right from the moment I completed my booking. They send me an email to let me know about various attraction sites, how to navigate, airport transfer etc. I have no issue with check in as the kind driver send us right to the door steps and the staff gave us a warm welcome, introduce the features of the room. Very interesting as the room name comes from a poem. The rooms were very comfortable which is very important to travelers. All the staff will try their best to assist us in terms of directions and questions. This is truly the right spirit of Greek hospitality. I am truly impressed as I have travelled to many places and I am glad that I have chosen Home & Poetry to be the base to explore Athens. Will definitely recommend to others.

Room tip: For family of 3 and above can choose skylight loft.-Elyftis
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2018

My Husband and I had a wonderful experience at Home & Poetry! We came here for an operation that I was having, so I wanted a big cozy "home-like" room, to be comfortable in afterwards. The accomodations and view were very important to me. Perfect location, attentive staff, and comfortable room - Overall, a five star bed & breakfast and super clean. As guests here at this bed & breakfast and, owners of a bed & breakfast in Ibiza, Spain, we feel that there is always room for improvement at every establishment. Egyptian cotton sheets, down-filled comforters/pillows, more television stations (movie ones like HBO, Showtime, Etc..) in Universal languages like English and Spanish, would accommodate guests that are here to rest and relax and that are from somewhere, outside of Greece. The bathroom towels are of high quality and soft - Great to the touch. However, the shower floor is slippery and needs to be fixed to prevent falls. Also, bathrobes would have been nice additions to the rooms. This is an old building with beautifully reconstructed rooms and the prettiest hardwood floors, we have ever seen. So, you can hear people come and go at all hours and we feel that as conscious guests, other guests should be more conscious when entering and exiting the building, at any hour. Maybe bringing soft, indoor slippers for one to wear, while you are inside the building, could be the solution to more of a quiet environment with out the hotel, covering the gorgeous wood floor. That is one of the reasons we chose this place. Also, the guests being made more aware about opening and slamming doors shut - It can be loud for all the rooms. And, please don't walk around with your high heels on in your room - The sound echoes and disturbs other guests in the hotel at all hours. It's rude and inconsiderate and maybe if your level of consciousness is so low, then you should stay at a modern cookie cutter hotel that has carpet, not a boutique vintage Inn with wooden floors and lots of character (the artwork is stunning). As for food, the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. We highly recommend not eating around the hotel either. Tourist food - Poor quality and pricey. We found some good restaurants that were walkable or a 5 Euro taxi ride and so much better quality. Cookoovaya (best Greek salad ever) is one that we really enjoyed. Ask the cook at Home & Poetry, for suggestions - He will lead you to the right restaurant for lunch and dinner. Breakfast here is simple and good - Delicious creamy fresh Greek yogurt, daily baked spinach pie and croissants, and fresh squeezed orange juice...Delicious. Taxis are a bit stinky (smokey) and sketchy (drivers). Make sure the drivers start the meter when you get inside and not charge you a fixed price. The only fixed price is that to the airport which we paid 35 Euros from Home & Poetry - It took us 40 minutes to get there. A+ for this lovely new bed & breakfast in the heart of Athens and we will definitely stay here, the next time we come back to this city. We will also tell our friends and clients to stay here as well - Thank You!!
P.S. - Free entrance to Greek ruins the first Sunday of every month. ** Great tip!

Room tip: We had the room with the corner outdoor balcony - Perfect for us.
Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank eur0pa7
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I would have liked to share the positive experience of many of the other reviewers. However, my experience with the hotel was rather disappointing. I therefore can recommend to choose this hotel only if you are 100% sure that you will arrive there as otherwise you could share my unpleasant experience which is in contrast to the quite cosy name of the hotel.

The hotel originally requested the full no show fee (price for four nights) although they knew from my mail on the evening of the first night that I will not make it as I missed the plane to Athens due to the late arrival of the feeder train to the airport. No chance to be in Athens also on the next day. Thus, I proposed to postpone the stay by three weeks. For some reason, they insisted that they only learnt on the second day of our stay that I would not come and therefore they considered fully legitimate to claim the full no show fees.

Update: After some time consuming and intense discussions (including legal consultancy on my side) the hotel manager finally accepted to refund the difference between the no show fees and the regular cancellation fees in accordance with the booking confirmation.

I am traveling a lot and I am still highly irritated by such a commercially driven behaviour.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank home847
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Beautiful hotel in a brilliant location. Walking distance to everywhere with some great restaurants and shopping nearby. Very friendly staff. Lovely room and decor throughout the hotel and very clean. Great size room with flat screen tv, free WiFi and free Netflix- and large bathroom with lovely shower and bath. Breakfast is good on the beautiful rooftop terrace with amazing views. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend to others.

2  Thank Sam B
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is just great.
The manager is very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is close to the interesting parts in Athen and just next to the Akropolis.
We had a good breakfast on the roof top
with the Akropolis in front of us.
Marvellous.