All reviews marques metro station spent two nights city centre five minute walk breakfast was included nice hotel place to stay within walking distance printer santa fridge jacuzzi portugal rua taxi
Reviewed 30 June 2018

Seculo hotel was booked for us, by the organizers of the festival in Porto. I wouldn't book it, to say frankly. Let's find out what was good in that hotel. All the rooms are renovated. It is almost 600 m. from the city centre. The staff at the reception is commendable. That's it. Nothing more what kind of good things I can say about that hotel.
I don't recommend to stay I Seculo hotel in Porto.

Sincerely yours,
Artur

Room Tip: I don't understand why it is written in Russian everything here?
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Great breakfast with lots of selection cereal fruit pastries eggs cheese meat. The attendant was very helpful to give us advice on where to eat, directions and booked for us a day trip cruise on Douro River. They also were very nice to serve us an earlier breakfast the day we went on the cruise. The room was clean and adequate. Parking was great and in their private lot and the hotel location was easy to drive to. Location is a 25 minute walk to the train station and 5 minute walk to metro station. The hotel is on a quiet part of the street with little stores but we found it to be a safe street. We only needed to walk just 2 or 3 blocks south on the street and the street turns into the popular Rua de Santa Catarina which has a lot of great stores for shopping. One block north of the same street as the hotel takes you to a lovely treed square where the metro station is with a few small restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018

I was very happy to have found Hotel Seculo. The rate was very reasonable for Porto, and the location near a Metro stop and within walking distance of the center and its attractions was great. This place is quiet! That alone made me a fan. The property is spotless and comfortable, and the staff could not be more helpful, attentive, and accommodating. I had an incident with my rental car that necessitated urgently printing and submitting some paperwork. The staff went out of their way to help me do this. All of this comfort and attention with an excellent breakfast to boot. I would stay here again without hesitation and also recommend it the same way--without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2018

It's a nice hotel, not too large and not too expensive. I spent four nights at the hotel in a very decent room, fairly large with a nice bathroom. The breakfast was included in the rate and was more than okay, with a variety of bread, cereals, fruits, etc. The WiFi connection was also excellent. The only slight drawback was the distance from the city centre. The walk downhill to the city centre takes about 15 to 20 minutes. But Porto is a city of hills. For the way back, it is advisable to use the metro which stops at the nearby Marques metro station. The bus stop at the Marques square can also be used to travel to the ocean in the suburbs of Foz/Matosinhos.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Spent two nights in this lovely small hotel. Our room was extremely spacious. We had an ultra comfortable king bed, a lovely bathroom with jacuzzi, and a balcony with chairs and table and two loungers. The staff was helpful, the breakfast was good, there is free parking and good wifi. The hotel is on the upper reaches of rua Santa Caterina, past the point where it is pedestrianized, a five minute walk from Marques metro. It takes about 25 minutes to walk from the heart of downtown to the hotel. The area is a bit deserted, but starting to gentrify: many surrounding buildings are not occupied and are in the process of renovation. I would stress that the area is safe...we are an older couple and walked around at night with absolutely no problems or feeling of insecurity.

Room Tip: Ask for room 501- penthouse with balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple