US$170
Official Site
US$487
US$432
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I spent a week at Surfivor Surf Camp in Porto. It has exceeded all my expectations... I did not expect to stand on the board during that week, however instructors made almost everyone stand up on the board after 2 days! 5 stars to Bruno and Albert! Hostel staff is also very friendly and super helpful. The week spent at the hostel rather felt like spent at friends' place :)

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Spending a week at the Surf Camp I can really recommend:nice hosts, a cosy house and quite good,patient instructors!-)
The beach and the waves,which are so close to the hostel, only wait for you and your board..I enjoyed the place:-)!..maybe a second car would be nice to take the surfivors to another spot,if there is an arising opportunity to go there..
So I'm already looking forward to catch the next waves at the Atlantic,and Matosinhos is a real good place to make first Surf experiences or just to go on..I surfived there!-)

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I had booked a week of surfing before and as it didn't go that well, I was a bit weary this time around. I love the idea of surfing and it is something I really really want to be able to do properly...

Anyway I went there and oh boy it was a great decision. I enjoyed every minute of it, even the falling over into waves and feeling like I was in a washing machine!

I sill can't stand fully on a board but I have gained more confidence in the water and I have learnt to be more daring. I fell a lot but I was never discouraged to try again and again.

The tutors, Bruno and Albert, are patient and kind and they know their stuff, clearly!
They know what you're doing wrong and are really hands on but will ask you the right questions so that you can think about the things you do and how you do it so that rely more on your instincts.

As for the hostel itself, it's easy to find, close to many shops and to the bus taking you to central Porto.

The ladies looking after us all were fun and funny and also very helpful. the place is clean and there is a big kitchen if you fancy cooking and a garden to chill in.

I honestly have nothing bad to say about the place.

I will come again for sure!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I spent 8 amazing days in this comfortable and clean hostel, managed by 3 very kind girls. The surf experience was great and i have to say thanks to Bruno, a very good instructor that is able to transmit to you all his passion for this sport.
An experience to repeat absolutely!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Luca L
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

my boyfriend and I had booked the surf package for a whole week. The hostel is right next to the beach and we got a double room with the most beautiful view over the sea. The hostel has a big, cosy backgarden and the staff is super friendly. I have never surfed before, but the surf teachers (Bruno & Albert) have a lot of positive energy and within a few sessions I was actually standing on the surf board. And if you don't feel like surfing one day: there is a bus stop right outside the hostel and number 500 is going all the way to the city center (around 15 minutes and costs 1,90 Euro). One of mye best holidays so far!

Stayed: July 2017