All reviews the river great location squeeze your own orange juice stock exchange sao francisco church older hotel floor room port houses hotel bar train station three star on foot single room short walk port tasting dom luis twin beds
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Appât et interrupteur. They showed me one room but rented me a different one for the first two days of my stay. It was only after vociferous complaints was a given a decent hotel room. My first room was basically uninhabitable...very very tiny bed.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank PatrickL5867
Reviewed 28 June 2018

very good central to shops and river local restaurants buses and metro the tram is just down the road as well as hop on hop off buses witch is well worth doing on a short break you see more plus it's for two days and includes a port tasting we only had b & b breakfast could have been slightly better though

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Have just returned from a 5 day visit... first time to Porto.. great position for exploring... unfortunately we would choose not to stay here again ... so many have mentioned how lovely and helpful the staff are but on this occasion for the most part we found them disinterested... we were allocated a room on the first floor overlooking the rooftops towards the river, which was lovely but the room was just too hot even with air conditioning... it was preset and could not be altered ... there was little if any ventilation in the bathroom and as the windows didn’t open the room felt humid!! ... breakfast was a continental style buffet which was good.

Lots of plus points for Porto itself, amazing architecture, friendly and inexpensive options for great food, drink and travel... we had a great day exploring Douro Wine Valley and Taylor’s Port... lots of street entertainment and music and we enjoyed the river cruises and waters taxis to get around..the list goes on. I guess the hotel was just not for us.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I reserved a room 1 1/2 month ago, double occupancy to make sure I would have a good size comfortable room, even if I was travelling solo. I was given room 104, a very small room, too small to have a dresser to put clothes. I had to leave my clothes in my suitcase. The stand to place my suitcase was in a confined area without enough space to place my suitcase. There was spots of dead insects on the wall, also two 8 inches long black hair on the toilet bench, demonstrating cleaning problems. The safe on a shelf on the wall was not working, the batteries were dead. My room was paid entirely at the time of my reservations, so I asked to have another room. My request was dismissed by the manager of the hotel.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Location is excellent, close to all major attractions. The rooms and bathrooms are very small, but clean and comfortable. No parking. The staff is nice and helpful. Good breakfast. Recommended hotel for short stays.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple