All reviews place to sleep free wifi min walk room was clean hairdryer tv location
Reviewed 26 July 2017

If you're visiting Porto off season, I think this hotel is good value for money, but if you're going in August, I think there are better alternatives in the same price range.

The hotel staff is generally kind, though we did experience a mix-up, so they tried to charge the room twice - long story, no big deal though.

As opposed to many other reviewers, I'm not a big fan of the area. It's rather far from the river area, especially going home at night as it is steep 25 min walk uphill. It is close to a lot of good shopping though.

The breakfast area is small and crowded, so go early. When we were there, sea eagles were making so much noise, that we didn't get sleep after 5.30 am. Hard to blame the hotel for this, but I've simply never had this much noise from birds before and I'm a rather hard sleeper.

Parking included is a great offer and for that we'll go again for our next visit to Porto, but we'll opt the breakfast out and bring ear plugs.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2017

I really enjoyed stay in S Garbriel Hotel, it's located in super location, you can basicly get everywhere in city center by foot.
Metro is very close, around 3 min walk. What's more, there are a lot of authentic and cheap Portugeese restaurants. Room was big, clean but could be better.
In overall, hotel is old-fashioned, dont expect anything fancy. What is worth to mention, the WiFi worked really fast, no problem with connection.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

If you're after luxury, then I suggest you book and pay for a luxury hotel. This is a budget hotel with a budget price tag, but it also has some excellent features that places it above other hotels.
1) location!!! It is one street back from the 'heart of Porto'
2) free wifi
3) free breakfast
4) free, secure parking
5) it is exceptionally clean
6) service is friendly
7) shower was warm and had good pressure
7) beds are comfy

I honestly can't understand the people who have moaned about this hotel. I'd like to say you get what you pay for, but, in this instance, you get a lot more than the budget price tag suggests. Thank you.

Date of stay: February 2017
3  Thank MrsLWhite
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Not the most up-to-date accommodation, but a great central location and friendly hosts. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate, with an open-air terrace; there was secure off-street parking and great flexibility about how long we used the parking space the next day. I would stay here again, and recommend to a friend.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

First impression when I got to the "hotel" was: well, the receptionist doesn't seem really happy. There's a couple of receptionists who change shifts constantly and only one old man is nice and puts on a a smile sometimes.
Second impression: what kind of prison is this? (the room). It feels really suffocating to be inside the room. The shutters were unable to open, so for a whole week we had no vision of the sunlight inside the room.
Breakfast: not so bad for a 2 star "hotel", which is the only reason why I didn't classify it as "Terrible" but yes "Poor".
I don't recommend it if you want to have a good time in the beautiful city of Porto.

Date of stay: July 2016