“Very good food and very friendly service (I asked for seating as usual here ;-) )”

Adega de Sao Nicolau
Ranked #184 of 2 069 Restaurants in Porto
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The grilled squid (not listed at tourist card) was delicious!
Very good service and good pricing.
Hard to get a table in rush hours.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 588)

40 - 44 of 1 588 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We were in this restaurant for dinner and enjoyed very much. I had octopus, my husband had squid, my friend had shrimp. All plates were very well prepared. We spend 135 euros for 4 people with deserts and two bottles of wine. You need to make reservation because the place is always full of people.

1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Great little restaurant. Nothing fancy but the food is very well cooked and presented, and there is plenty of it.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely setting in a small street. You can see the fresh fish presented close to you. It made the choice of taking fish quite easy. Grilled salmon and codfish were delicious.
Thank you.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We read the review of this restaurant and it was quite high so we thought of giving it a try. Went on Wednesday evening asking for a table and the waiter said we had to wait for 30-45 minutes, we were too hungry and tired to wait after so much activities crammed into one day as the day had been lovely compared with previous few days of rain and more rain. We book a table for the next day instead.
On the Thursday, it rained again but we still went to the restaurant on the dot and we were seated in this cosy restaurant that resembles the inside of a boat. A tall young waiter came and took our order of vegetable soup and cod croquet followed by grilled sea bream, oxtail stew and grilled prawns in garlic and olive oil. We were not disappointed all even having to wait for my sea bream for quite some time, the waiter did say sorry and gave me a plate of homemade crisps.
The food was absolutely beautiful! I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are going to Porto in Säo Nicolau.