“Local ”

Adega Mercearia Bebe Se Mal
Ranked #75 of 2 067 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We found this little place walking the street. Serves traditional food n drink. Wife cooks husband seats and serves. No credit cards taken. Average food found in any small restaurant.

1  Thank dougrh

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We really enjoyed this restaurant despite a bumpy start. We had a reservation for 8.30pm but on arrival were told it would be another half hour or so before we could have a table. On a balmy June evening this was no problem as we went to a nearby pub to watch some football. The food itself was great, especially the Bacalahu.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

This is a charming small family restaurant in Porto. The meal was very good. I had a plate of large shrimp which was very tasty and very pretty. My husband had a traditional cod dish. All of the food was well done and plentiful. You will likely have to wait, even if you have a reservation. But it was worth the wait. The owner brought us a beer and red wine while we waited outside. We think that if you get there before the rush (say 6 - 6:30) you likely not have a wait for this small restaurant.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Small place with a few tables. I had octopus with green sauce as a starter and I was very happy with it and that raised my expectations, the portion was decent for a starter.
Mixed salad was simple: lettuce with big slices of tomato topped with onions and grated carrot.
I ordered calamari as a main meal, I received a big plate but more than half was french fries with a bit of the mixed salad and 6 rings of calamari. The calamari was like a sponge soaked in oil, very thick coating and there was no seafood taste at all. It felt like a piece of dough soaked in frying oil. I just had a bite from the calamari and left it back into the plate and asked for the bill. I was asked if I had a problem with my meal, I just squeezed the calamari to show how much oily it was and said that it wasn't tasty at all, the guy spoke little English I believe and he was kind in general. After receiving my complaints he just brought the bill with no apology or any other offer. So I paid in full for the worst calamari I've tasted ever and also didn't even eat. They didn't accept credit cards, only cash.
The prices weren't especially cheap comparing to other similar establishments in Portugal. When I was leaving the restaurant, many tourists were waiting outside for a table.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We came here by accident while seeking shelter on a rainy day and we had a great diner. Everything was really tasty, especially the clams were awesome. Very friendly staff, very reasonable prices. Must try!