“cheap, enough food, slow service - 1 waiter, busy”
Review of Cafe Da Gina

Cafe Da Gina
Ranked #572 of 1 926 Restaurants in Porto
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The place was inside the market and one of the busiest places. They have very cheap prices for a plate of anything, that comes with meat/fish with fries, rice and veggies. The prices range from 3 to 5 Euros for a plate and you cannot beat that.
I had fish and it was excellent for that price. It was way more cost effective than paying 8 or 9 Euros at the more expensive joints - aka tourist traps.

The waiter was friendly but was busy attending 15 tables by himself. He did recommend the food and I tried the local dish, which was delicious as well. It was sausage with an egg on top. Try that dish if you can.

They have seating outside, which was nice. The wines were pretty cheap as well. 1 to 1.5 Euros for a small mini sized bottle.

I definitely recommend the place.

PS. If you are into fancy places, this is not the place to eat. Remember, you are eating at a restaurant in a market.

pinchetravels.com for more information on my travels and insights.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

My husband insist upon eating Sardines while we were visiting Portugal. We came to Da Gina nat Mercado do Bolhao during lunch time. I had Fried Calamari, and My husband got his Sardines. The meal was OK, nothing special.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Tucked away at the back of the 'Mercado do Bolhao', this place is a gem.
I had Dourada (bream) and my wife had sardines, both plates came with potatoes and salad. With a small bottle of wine and a soft drink, it all came to 14 euros. Not only is this place cheap, the food here is delicious. It was so good, we went back there for lunch, on our 2nd day in Porto.
I think this place is only open in the morning and for lunch (12-2.30). It gets quite busy at lunch time. You have to be patient, as it seems, there is only one waiter. Once you do get a seat and order, the food does comes quite quickly. I am really glad, I came here!

Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

Definitely perfect fish for what you pay. Try Sardine if it is on whiteboard. Staff is also kind and helpful

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

The best place and food , cheap preise ! The fresh fish with salad , potato and rise and coke 4.5 €

Open 12