- The location was great with easy access to local transport (buses and taxis), shops, bars and good restaurants. It's also only a short walk to the seafront and a very helpful tourist office.
- The property was at a good standard and pleasant to stay in.
- Main bedroom is a decent size for a couple to share.
- All basic necessities where supplied in working order.
- Owner was very friendly and helpful and responded to our requests in good time.
- Slight musty smell in shared entrance to apartment due to lack of ventilation.
- While we were there, there was some building works taking place outside the flat as a result it was a little bit noisy after 9am for a few hours in the morning. (This was a bit of bad luck with timing on our side as the building works would probably finish soon).
- As stated by owner, the second bedroom is truly only suitable for a very small child.
Overall, we would be happy to stay there again.
We are really enjoying our stay on Berta's apartment. (Free wifi in action) It is an excellent base for the best of Madeira. We've just finished a levada walk and from a stop way out back we got a bus home for £3.00. Worth it for the exciting ride on tight bends and hairy drops. It dropped us off just outside the apartment. Across the road for a bottle of wine and home for dinner on the evening veranda. (Sun for breakfast on the morning veranda.) Everything is in place for the full self caterers and those who want to snack and eat out. And for the last drink before bed we are next door to 3 bar/restaurants. Perfect apartment perfect location.
Where do we start? The apartment was easy to find and Viktor and Berta were waiting to meet us. They were gracious and charming, and set us at ease immediately. A lovely welcome pack awaited us, and the nearest supermarket was literally just across the road.
As many have said previously, the apartment lacks nothing, being extremely well equipped and very comfortable. Breakfast on the balcony was a delight.
We were centrally located in Funchal Old Town being only 2 or 3 mins stroll from the harbour and only 10 mins walk to Rua Santa Maria with dozens of wonderful restaurants and atmosphere.
Can highly recommend visiting the Municipal Gardens (5 mins stroll away) and try a glass of Vinho Branco sitting outside the Ritz!
We cannot recommend this apartment highly enough: it was truly a great find.
Just a quick review to compliment Berta and her husband on a lovely, clean, well equipped centrally located apartment.
We have just returned from a 10 night stay. The apartment has everything you would need in a holiday let.
The sun arrives on the rear balcony at around 8am and stays until 12., when it moves round to the front terrace where we have spent many afternoons until early evening enjoying the sun.
Berta and her husband who met us on arrival where extremely helpful and lovely people. They gave us their tel numbers just in case we needed them but we didn't at all as the apartment has everything needed.
The bakery is 25 mts away and the huge supermarket is on the ground floor of the shopping mall in the same building.
Having booked many apartments over the years, I would not hesitate to recommend this apartment to anyone visiting Funchal who would rather have an independent holiday,
Thanks again Berta
Tanya & Marc x
This is our ideal location. It's in the centre near to the sea-front, all the amenities and our favourite restaurants. The apartment is roomy, light, very comfortable with lots of personal touches from the owner and a balcony which is sunny for most of the day. It was absolutely ideal for us and we hope to return again next year.