Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

Reviews (1 233)
1 233 results
1 200
1 200
All reviews jeep tour levada walk open jeep full day tour porto moniz beautiful island highlight of our trip other companies these guys great trip amazing views excellent value nico umm miguel poncha madeira
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 233 reviews
Reviewed 27 December 2020

Excellent walk, excellent guides very knowledgeable and friendly. Views were amazing one of the best hikes I have ever done. Seeing the sunrise on the mountain was magical. I would definitely recommend this company.

Date of experience: December 2020
1  Thank Birchy40
Reviewed 24 December 2020 via mobile

I booked this sunrise tour with Nico last-minute as my other tour was cancelled due to a broken-down van. I was quite desperate to do this tour on the last likely sunny day during my stay, and was really pleased that Nico could accommodate me. It is important to know that Nico’s tour offers drop off at the beginning of the hike at Pico Arieiro and pick up at the other end of the hike. This approach allows for a one-way hike, which is shorter, less demanding and more interesting. Hotel pickup was on time and the drive up to Pico Arieiro was smooth. Nico then drove off and we were guided by David. We were very lucky to see a beautiful sunrise to mark the beginning of a fairly strenuous hike. David was funny, knowledgeable, and patient; we felt well looked after. The clear weather allowed us to have breathtaking views throughout the hike. Taking it all together, this was definitely one of most memorable hikes I have done. After the hike, we were first taken to a small village to visit an old Santana house, then to a local bar to try a traditional drink called ponchas. David and Nico gave other hike recommendations and restaurant tips, which I have utilized since. Taking this tour was one of the highlights during my first visit to Madeira. I highly recommend Up Mountain and this sunrise tour.

Reviewed 12 November 2020

Up Mountain was recommended to my partner and I as a fun way to see the best bits of Madeira island by private Jeep tour. This turned out to be a fantastic experience - we did 2 days exploring the West coast and Eastern side of the island, largely off-road, with an excellent, English-speaking guide. Whilst the weather wasn’t perfect (it was Winter after all!) the guide ensured that we got to see some amazing scenery and unique aspects of the island. We also got to try some of the wild fruits that grow naturally in the mountains as well as sampling local produce in the cafes and restaurants that we visited.
The company was recommended by On Tales in Calheta, with whom we did a Whale and Dolphin spotting cruise - another awesome experience.
Overall two great companies offering great ways to see the best of what Madeira has to offer - thanks for helping us to make unforgettable memories of our holiday. Marc & Matthew

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 6 November 2020

I traveled to Madeira alone and from the beginning I knew I wanted to hike the PR01 trail. Although I went alone, the Up Mountain staff gave me the best experience possible! During the entire hike, David (the guide) explained the history of the island, he description of the fauna and flora and we stopped whenever necessary. At the end of the trail, Nico and David even took me to drink the traditional Poncha da madeira! Besides having a memorable experience in nature, it was also a very cultural experience. Nico and David also gave me recommendations of places to experience the island's traditional gastronomy and they were always in contact with me until the end of my holidays in Madeira.

Although I went alone, I never felt alone! A special thanks to Nico and David for making my trip to Madeira so special!

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 7 October 2020

What a great day walking this was around the Rabacal area. Stunningly beautiful and with a great guide who was very knowledgable and friendly. He made sure we got the best experience from our day. The small group made a big difference as we had time to stop and explore things we found of interest.

Date of experience: September 2020