New Years Eve at Belmond Reid’s Palace was a once in a lifetime event.
The cliff side location was phenomenal to see the view of Funchal as the sun fades.
Service at Reid’s was superb and highly skilled. The decor and furnishings are steeped with history. It has a unique charm and is one of Madeira’s most iconic hotels.
The gala dinner started with champagne and canapés on the world famous terrace.
We ate in The Williams suite which was a stunning room which had been beautifully decorated for Christmas.
The menu was exceptional and the wines were beautifully paired to give maximum taste.
Each course was unique, balanced and extremely tasty.
The waiters and waitresses were very impressive and efficient. Susan was our waitress and she was so sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on cliff tops overlooking the Bay of Funchal and the Atlantic Ocean, this legendary hotel has, for over a century, been a standard-bearer for excellence. The hotel is located on 10 acres of subtropical gardens, boasts enviable access to the sea and is within walking distance of Funchal's shops, restaurants and night-life. With its reputation for excellence and discreet service, Belmond Reid's Palace is the ideal place at which to relax and be pampered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Reid's Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reid`s Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Funchal
- Reids Palace Funchal
- Reids Palace Hotel Funchal