All reviews alma lusa quiet square room overlooking the square great location order eggs fabulous boutique hotel attached restaurant window shutters shower curtain appointed rooms baixa chiado room was a bit small coffee machine central lisbon within walking distance buffet style the staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Alma Lusa. Besides being set in a beautiful building and elegantly decorated, the hotel is wonderfully situated, closeby to many walking, shopping, and site-seeing districts. The restaurant was great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful during our stay. Overall, a great experience! We hope to come back soon :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sofia B, General Manager at AlmaLusa Baixa/Chiado, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear L G

Thank you for the time and feedback given which is so important to help us getting better!

This review made our day - the entire team works hard to deliver a truly guest experience and this is so rewarding! Thank you so much and look forward to welcome you again - remember we have special conditions for returning guests.

Best regards

Sofia

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in mid June. From the start the hotel staff were friendly and professional, and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spacious and beautifully designed and looked out over the main square. Breakfast was ample and set us up for our days of site-seeing. We also made use of the new Giro city bikes as there was a bike stand in the main square We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was excellent. I’d certainly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maria Lourdes L, Front Office Manager at AlmaLusa Baixa/Chiado, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for you for the positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant and that you liked our hotel concept. We do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. If you’re traveling to our area gain soon, don’t hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

I booked this hotel for a break with my daughter. Originally we were looking for a hotel with a swimming pool but I hadn't realised that the Eurovision Song Contest was on over the long weekend we were staying. Well thank goodness it was! This hotel is a real gem in a perfect location. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are well decorated (quite quirky in a good way) and there is definitely a Portuguese touch. The restaurant next door is perfect for breakfast and evening meals, although we did eat elsewhere as well. All in all I would definitely recommend to anyone planning to visit Lisbon and I would stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the square.
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Maria Lourdes L, Front Office Manager at AlmaLusa Baixa/Chiado, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m happy that you enjoyed your stay and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.
I will make sure to pass on your amazing feedback to the team in which we work hard everyday to ensure that every guest that stays with us have a memorable and fantastic experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I had reservation to stay for 5 nights in almalusa which was nonrefundable or tonbe modified , suddenly we had a family medical problem that prevented us from travelling to Lisbon , i contacted the hotel to see if they can help in cancelling the reservation , they were very consideret tonour situation and helped to charge only one night and refund the balance , definitely it will be the hotel we stay in when we travel to Lisbon,that was an amazing gesture . Mohamed Al-Zamel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review AlmaLusa Baixa/Chiado and for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Lisbon!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

I booked this hotel the morning of our arrival and got an amazing deal for a Junior suite/ internal patio view. it would be easy to overlook this hotel situated in the corner of a square, partially hidden by a marble lift entrance but once seen never forgotten as the AlmaLusa is a beautiful boutique hotel.
The staff were friendly and very helpful, on arrival we were personally escorted to our room which we were delighted to find in fact overlooked the square. The accommodation was spacious and tastefully decorated, in the living area was a mini kitchen with coffee machine, bottled water, microwave, crockery etc and even a hidden washing machine plus tablets.
The beds and bedding were soooo comfortable and the double glazing and original wooden shutters kept out any noise guaranteeing a great nights sleep. Breakfast was included, there was a reasonable choice and it was very nice.
The location is great, overlooking Praça Municipio which has a handy food and drinks kiosk and within walking distance of the Metro, Barrio alto, Baixa, trams etc.
All in all a wonderful stay and I will definitely look out for this hotel on my future visits.

Room tip: Room 16 was lovely
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. We are looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.