All reviews belem tower indoor and outdoor pools huge walk in shower molton brown products jeronimos monastery perfect room rooms are large coffee machine in the room pastry shop light switches modern facilities big bed comfortable bed hotel experience pastries tram stop fabulous hotel
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Palacio for 5 nights on the second leg of my Lisboa tour. The room was clean, classic, and spacious. My room was immune to noise, I had no problems with hearing the street sounds and my room was on the anterior side of the hotel. Breakfast every morning was delightful and diverse. The common areas were stunning and comfortable. I spent a couple nights at the bar and my service was top notch. My bartenders took great care crafting specialty drinks and were friendly, engaging, and attentive. The reception staff met all my needs, followed through in requests, and provided valuable information for sightseeing and the use of public transportation. This hotel is in perfect walking distance to the Belém Tower. If your feet can handle it, you can also walk to the Discovery monument, the Jerónimos Monastery, and even to the famous custard/Pastels de Belém backers!
I would definitely return!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
NAUHotels_Resorts, Diretor-Geral at Palacio do Governador, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear speechi57
Thank you so much for taking your time to share this great review with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you at Hotel Palácio do Governador. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a nice time exploring Lisbon. Your satisfaction and your rating are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay a memorable one. Please be assured that you kind comments will be well shared wit all our team members. Hoping to be able to welcome you again in our city.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

After two intense days in Lisbon, I stayed in this hotel (just outside the city) to relax. And it was a great choice. Beautiful decor, clean, spacious and relaxing. The common areas are really nice, all decorated in blue, with plenty of rooms to sit and read or have a drink. The pool is also very nice (although smaller than I thought) with jazz & chill out music all day long.
The room was very big, with a big bed and modern bathroom.
The staff was nice, in particular the ladies at reception; extremely polite and happy to help.

The location is very good too. So close to Belém Tower and Jeronimos Monastery. The tram at the door to easily get to Lisbon, Estoril or Cascais.

The spa was nice too. I had a good massage, although I expected it to be more "deep tissue".

Perhaps two points to improve: the street can be a bit noisy with trams and traffic (bring ear plugs, just in case). The food at the bar (snacks) was overpriced and not very good quality.

Very nice place for a romantic break.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
NAUHotels_Resorts, Diretor-Geral at Palacio do Governador, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear eva m,
Thank you for the positive rating, and comments.
We are so happy that you came back to stay with us! Your honest opinion is much appreciated as it contributes to improving our service and offerings. Your comments will not go unheard, and we will definitely pass to the team.
We do hope that you choose to stay at Palácio do Governador again.
Best regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2018

A beautiful old palace with unique interiors set away from the tourist crowds in the heart of Belem. This could have been an outstanding design hotel if the management had put more effort into it.

First and foremost - who designed the layout of those rooms with all the space simply wasted? Huge open plan bathroom feels very empty. Who needs it? Some basic things are missing - electric sockets for example.

Cleaning could be much better.
Very strange slippers - feels like they have been washed and reused after previous guests (really??)
Spa facilities - again lots of unused space, zero navigation and mediocre amenties. We were asked at the spa reception to purchase a swimming cap to be able to go to the swimming pool which I thought was rediculous.

Service - staff needs significant training. When we arrived late at night, no one even bothered to help us with the bags and teh reception guy just stared at us and looted very lost. No welcome whatsoever. Very very strange.

Staff at berakfast - extremely slow and inattentive, sometimes being even rude. Breakfast is a complete mess.

Overall, very bad impression - very far from a 5 star hotel experience. It's a shame that such a beautiful property is being horribly managed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
NAUHotels_Resorts, Diretor-Geral at Palacio do Governador, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear kabanchik85
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us - your feedback is valuable to us. We are sorry to read of your concerns over the service and SPA for which we apologise and we would like to assure you these points will be addressed with our management. Pleased to read there were also positive aspects to your stay and we do hope we will be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and restore your faith Kind regards

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Palacio do Governador for my birthday. From the time you enter the hotel till you check out they go over and beyond to make sure you feel welcome and well taken care off. Our room was specious, the bedding and mattress was soft something not very common in Europe ( I find their mattress to be hard as a rock) I slept like a baby. We didn’t spend a lot of time in the hotel because we were sightseeing but when we did we always thought that the service was prompt and with a smile. The hotel is located in a less busy area but still very close to everything. I definitely would return and recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
NAUHotels_Resorts, Diretor-Geral at Palacio do Governador, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Patricia

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I stayed here for a business event, and I was amazed, not only by the building and location, but also by the service (staff), the high quality materials in the room, the cleanness of the hotel and rooms. It was an amazing stay, views of the Belem Tower.
I will go back with my wife soon for a city trip

Room Tip: A room with views to the Belem Tower / River
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
NAUHotels_Resorts, Diretor-Geral at Palacio do Governador, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Chris E,