“Poor service”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiado & Carmo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was below expectations. Tuna as a starter was not good. Siirloin steak was a little bit chevy. Service was poor compared to restaurant next door.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We chose to stop here after passing a couple of times on way back to apartment & were not disappointed, we were a group of five friends & shared a selection of dishes for starters followed by the juiciest & tastiest steak I'd had for a long time, the vege option was also delicious as sampled by the only non meat eater amongst us & the waiting staff were very attentive & accommodating despite being very busy, would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I have been meaning to write a review since my visit to Lisbon in April. I was visiting to celebrate my birthday and was keen to find a nice place to eat and celebrate becoming 55
Bingo !!! Cafe Buenos Aries has it all from excellent friendly professional service to outstanding food & wine from start to finish. I had a rib eye with a bottle of their recommended Malbec followed by their own version of Eton mess. Atmosphere in the restaurant was both authentic and charming and cannot in anyway find anything to pull them up on
A great restaurant 10/10
Go there, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Veg options were a little hard to find in Lisbon, so I was so glad when we stumbled upon this place! Everything we had was amazing!
I would highly recommend the pasta with basil and eggplant, or the roquefort pear endive dip (it's an appy but quite large!), or the salad with mango and brie and eggplant pastry. I also had the best hummus I've ever had in my entire life at this place.
I don't know how Argentinian it is really, but I do know that the food was the best I've had in Lisbon. We went to the restaurant one night, and the next night we came back to eat at the cafe!
At the cafe you can eat outside on a staircase and enjoy a nice view of the city. Inside is also very cozy!
10/10 would recommend (especially for vegetarian eaters!)
*I think it is cash only though!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We came across this cafe by accident, and since we had been to Buenos Aires the year before, we decided to try it. Thank God we did because I wouldn’t have discovered the pleasure of a well made white sangria. Nothing else could’ve been more refreshing on the old streets of Lisbon on a sunny day. The cafe is located on a staircase that looks out over the city, so it’s a meal with a view. We ordered empanadas as well and they were very satisfying.