Reviews (1 149)
1 149 results
All reviews smeg fridge nespresso machine welcome drink great hotel perfect location superior room street view would highly recommend this hotel walk in shower rua augusta small room would definitely stay here again short walk mini bar comfortable bed praca do comercio hotel bar
414 - 419 of 1 149 reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Excellent hotel in every sense of the word! Beautifully located in the city center, cozy lobby with charming music play list, professional staff, and very trendy room. All in all, boutique hotel to return to, and we definitely will!

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Recommended! I went for 4 days with a friend and we paid Euro 50 per night per person. This also included a delicious breakfast, something for everyone. The location is perfect, you can access everything within walking distance (visitor's center, metro, bus, tram, bay, boat, etc.). If you decide not to eat breakfast at the hotel, there are plenty of fresh bakeries around the corner (highly recommend Paul's bakery). The staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you. The reviews all say how small the hotel rooms are, we had a standard twin room, I found the size normal for European standards. We shared one big suitcase so if you have two big suitcases, it would be tight, but there is plenty of closet space for the contents of the second suitcase. The beds were fine, I personally found it hard, but that is a personal taste and everyone has their own preference. Bathroom and shower were big, based on reviews we expected it to be really small, I could close the bathroom door and move around with ease :) Everyday our beds were made and new towels. There are two shower heads, I recommend using the rain shower head, the other one also works well, but the pressure is so strong that it leaks through the door and leaves the bathroom floor wet. There is a nespresso machine which was so nice in the morning, just note that you only get two capsules the entire stay, if you want more you have to buy them. I recommend just going to a bakery around the corner to drink coffee.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2016

OK, it is in a good location in downtown Lisbon (Baixa) convenient for sightseeing and eating out.
But the room is tiny (I think the bathroom has a useless space, which could have been part of the room, #235) and does not have even a desk to open documents on.
Breakfast starts only at 8am, making several guests waiting at the door each morning, and impossible if you have an early business appointment.
The lobby is dark all day and with a certain music (not to my taste) in certain volume and completely unsuitable for any meting to talk seriously. (The staff refused to turn it down for us)

In addition, there were a number of reasons why I cannot believe it has such a high review in certain booking site:
The room door is difficult to open unless you use both hands and full strength (I do not mind not having a modern card key, but the key should work without such efforts and an acquired trick).
I got a face cloth the first day, but during my weeklong stay, I had to phone the reception to ask for one each day. Even then, twice (different staff) they brought a middle sized hand towel instead - and apparently not understood what a face cloth was.
I would rather have space on the bedside table, than useless clock (not possible to set) and a radio (maybe stylish, but I do not want it). And also a paper tissue box please (I have difficulty remembering a hotel room without one)
Speaking of meanness, I have never seen a hotel with kettle in the room that only provides teabags for the first day any says you have to pay for further supply if you stay longer and need more.

Then, a misterious bottle of red wine was there on the windowsill of my room (my colleagues also staying in the same hotel did not have any, hence misterious) - by the way, there is no space in the room, so the trey with tea service is on the window, which gets a full direct sunsine during much of the afternoon (thick curtain shuts the sun out of the room). So, when I checked in on one afternoon, and discovered this bottle behind the curtain, it was more tha warm (at least more than y body temperature - the content of the bottle must have undoubtedly turned into vinegar). I asked about this at Reception, and they say it is "a complementary bottle from the hotel". So I asked for exchanging it with another bottle (that has not been left in the sun to be heated like that). The receptioninst did not understand my point and suggested to bring me ice to cool the bottle! I insisted I wanted another (different) bottle, and eventually she said it will be brought the next day into the room - but it never happened. The same bottle (I left a small unnoticeable mark) still stayed till my check outday. Maybe it has been there like this fora long time. Strange, to say the least.

I also felt cheated about the booking price, as I was obliged to pay 10 Euro more than a colleague staying in the same category of room for an overlapping days (except I arrived one day earlier) per each night (not that the extra day of my stay was costing more expensive for being weekend etc) - the days we both stayed were charged at different rates, even though we booked at the same time through a same agent. Before arriving (and learning that the rooms are of the same category), we were told thaat my colleague's room was smaller. No, mine is also of the smallest category. The agent blames the hotel and the hotel blames the agent. I feel not been trated with justice but cannot tell which is the lier.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We loved our stay - even if it was 1 night. We arrived by metro at the hotel - and the hotel was located right in front! Breakfast was wonderful, room was wonderful! Will definitely stay there again and will recommend it to friends.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

The staff is very polite and nice, but really striking is the decor and ambiance. The room is not massive in size, but decent, beautifully decorated, with Nespresso and tea, free wifi, cool sound gear to plug in your phone, nice bedding and pillows. Stayed up on the 4th floor and faced a building but still had a nice feeling of Lisbon streets with a small balcony. Overall the room was very cool!
Breakfast buffet was pleasant with plenty offer of food, traditional pastries, bread and croissants, eggs and others.
The location is great allowing an easy walk to different places during the day and night. No need for car but anyway the underground is close as well.
Happy with my choice and would recommend this hotel.