“Nice view from upper deck, however average food”
Review of Vestigius

Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodré
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We went here mainly due to the 2nd floor deck to be seated for dinner....and we were rewarded with a nice view of the river, bridges, boats, ferries. Dishes were mixed..some were good (Tuna Steak), some not so good (shrimp Vestigius). Oh, the strawberry Mojito was tasty though.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We found this restaurant yesterday mistake looking for the market. It was a great choice as to view. The service was good. I liked their Sangria and my wife the wine. The Goat cheese salad was great, but the Osso Busco was good not great. A little disappointing. However I would recommend as the service was pretty good.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Popped in here for a drink the day, fair enough before and the view was great and staff friendly. Went back tonight for a meal and it was awful. Firstly we were charged stupid money for an average white wine, okay the location comes with a premium,fair enough. My hamburger was undercooked to be actually bloody, my wife’s bacalho fillet over cooked and full of bones.
Our bread rolls were stale and when I asked about the burger I was asked if “medium was not my choice?” Firstly the menu does not mention anything about what to expect and then I was expected to believe that a burger which was 50% steak tartare was medium?
Ah , well lesson learned. Hopefully there will not be a part two to this sorry tale.

Esmeralda F, Proprietário at Vestigius, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you so much for your comment.

About the wine, our team, just makes a suggestion. But, the customer always has the final decision. In addition, in Vestigius, we don't have a medium quality wines. We only have good an top wines.
About the burger, we apologize immediatly, at the moment, and after we suggest correcting the burger's cooking point. Our team tried to help you, and solved the problem. But our help, was refused, and the response by the other side was so rude. Told us, that you hadn't more confidence, in Vestigius
The cooking point of the burger has to be indicated by the customer. If the customer doesn´t say anything, the burger, will be cooked and served, by a medium cooking point.

Esmeralda Fetahu

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice bar to sit back and relax in, good view of the river from the balcony and the wine selection and gin is enough to keep you hydrated while you soak up the sun. The food is a lot better than expected I had prawns to start which were served in a nice little pot with a gorgeous sauce, beef with smashed potatoes was so good and the chocolate desert was amazing but I was good and shared it. The seats outside were slightly uncomfortable but that's probably because I sat for so long!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We had a super lunch here during the very busy Eurovision weekend. Located overlooking the river and bridges with promenaders strolling in front.
A very bohemian Brightonesque atmosphere seems to ooze style and sophistication. The food was very well prepared, fresh, tasty and unusual Portuguese style. Service was slow but it was very busy and we wanted it that way.

For 2 courses for 4 with 2 bottles of good wine and water - about 40€ per person. Much better than our previous days lunch.

Well worth a visit