“wonderful atmosphere, excellent food”
Review of Restaurante Carmo

Restaurante Carmo
Reserve with
Restaurante Carmo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 5 077 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiado & Carmo
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

we enjoyed a very nice evening at restaurante carmo. modern and cozy interior, warm atmosphere. staff was very friendly and attending. the food was very good. recommend the sangria as well.

Tablegroup, Manager at Restaurante Carmo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Customer,
Thank You For the time spent to assess and its preference for our restaurant we appreciate your comments and words of appreciation, which we are happy to share with the whole team. Our goal is to provide a pleasant meal and comfortable to our clients and to meet their needs. We hope to welcome you in the near future and please contact us if we can assist you in any matter. See you soon!
Yours sincerely,

Márcio Gomes

Write a ReviewReviews (1 889)

65 - 69 of 1 889 reviews

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

WHAT TO TRY?!

The cod cakes are really crunchy and the blended cod fish inside is really tasty. If there’s one food I recommend to try in Portugal, is the fried cod fish cakes. Good appetizer and great snack option.

The other dish I recommend is the mixed wild mushrooms in a cream sauce for an appetizer. Lots of different mushrooms in one bite. So delicious.

The main I would recommend is the seafood stew with the monk fish. Lots of seafood in rice in soup stew. A common main that Portuguese people like to have.

I like that since we were a big group, we were in a private space. The waiters were nice and they even gave us complimentary wine for the table!

LAST TIP?!

Don’t go easy on the wine! In Portugal, wine is very inexpensive. So make sure you pair each of your dish with a glass of wine!

Tablegroup, Manager at Restaurante Carmo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Customer,
We were very pleased to read your positives comments.
The satisfaction of our customers is something that motivates us to continue to improve our service on a daily basis.
We hope to return to receive your visit in a future very soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

After visiting Convento do Carmo, I was hungry and wanted to eat at a place close by. I took a look at the cafes/restaurants nearby and also looked up my guidebook. I finally chose Restaurante Carmo. The boards outside which put up what's on offer for the menu of the day, the price and some drawings (with humour) caught my attention. The interior is cozy and nicely decorated. The place was not full and I was seated at a table by the window where I could see Convento do Carmo just opposite (location highly recommended in the guidebook). For €12, a soup, a main course and dessert were included. The food was delicious (I chose pumpkin soup, bacalhau with potatoes). Service was top-notch. Staff were very polite and friendly. One of them even patiently showed and explained to me the different desserts (some are traditional Portuguese) available and let me choose one.
This is a most enjoyable dining experience. Would like to return there again when I am in Lisbon in future.
Highly recommended.

Tablegroup, Gestor at Restaurante Carmo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

See you soon!
Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Try the gamba’s in baked with garlic, shitake and angusbeef, you won’t regret! Also good service and desserts(chocolat cake)

Tablegroup, Gestor at Restaurante Carmo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about our restaurant.
We were very pleased to know that their experience was positive.
We hope that it will be up soon!!

Compliments

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Very good choices of food. Everything was excellent. Good service and relaxing atmosphere. Also very central location.

Tablegroup, Manager at Restaurante Carmo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Customer,
We were very pleased to read your positives comments.
We hope to return to receive your visit in a future very soon.
Best regards,