All reviews marriott points great location high end shopping front desk staff boutique hotel subway stop avenida da liberdade walking distance room was large main avenue breakfast was included comfortable rooms street noise pastries central location platinum functionality
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is the second time we have stayed in the Fontecruz Lisboa. The staff all welcomed us back, which was so nice.The room we had was fantastic and the location of the hotel is prefect. Breakfast is also superb.
While at the hotel it was my daughters fifth birthday and all members of staff remembered this and wished her a happy birthday. She was given a cake at breakfast and again in our room when we returned from exploring. She was over the moon and the staff went above and beyond to make her feel special.
I cannot fault this hotel. The staff are superb. I have read reviews that they are not friendly, we found the total opposite. From the chef, to the breakfast staff, to the bar staff and front of house staff, everybody was lovely and a credit to the Fontecruz.
We are already looking for dates to go back which is the best recommendation I can give.
Again many thanks to the staff for making my daughter feel so special on her birthday.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaz8282
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Not a 5 star for sure ! When we got there we had to carry our own bags all the way to an adjacent building far from the entrance. The front desk guy hardly spoke any english and would not change a note from us, he was not ale to recommend any restaurants since he barely could communicate with us, so we had to go to a hotel 2 blocks down the street to get help. Im only giving it a 2 star because we had a nice large room decorated minimalistic all white, besides that they have a long way to go.

Room Tip: The newer large suites in the back building
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlbertoMay
Marta G, Manager at Fontecruz Lisboa Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear AlbertoMay

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fontecruz Lisboa, Autograph Collection with the rest of followers on this community travel site.

Your valuable feedback helps identifying areas of opportunity for us to improve the guest experience. While I’m glad to see some positive points in your survey, I see that we have fallen short on some aspects. I am sorry that the hotel cannot offer pool within its services, as you have experienced we are a small urban boutique hotel located in the centre of the city and not a full service resort as other properties in Marriott worldwide.
Rest assure that your comments were shared with the appropriate department, in order to improve our future guests stays.

The hotel team is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our valued guests, such as yourself. At your convenience, feel free to share any additional feedback on how we can elevate your experience whenever your travels bring you back to Lisbon.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again in a recent future.

I wish you a nice week and thanks for your preference in Marriott during your travels.

Regards

MG

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Staff extremely helpful and warm ( front desk and restaurant ) - room spacious and central location is excellent to try to trams, metro and away from the crowds of Alfeema - hotel had good ambiance without being ostentatious

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coffeeman92004
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

4 nights on points as a lifetime platinum, upgraded to probably the best room (408), a single room but with a large terrace (1 of only 3 rooms like it). Arrived on Tuesday, for feast of St Anthony with a full parade on the Main Street and all night partying on the back streets too. After a great evening out on the town, the room was exceptionally quiet. Clean room, very comfortable as I would expect from Marriott.

Breakfast, included for platinums, is a full buffet style with prosciutto, smoked salmon, fruits, eggs and bacon, fresh breads, etc. Very nice.

The staff has been outstanding, all around friendly and attentive service in the hotel and restaurant. Out all day, room is fully cleaned upon return. Diogo, a new trainee at the front desk has been a standout for us, aims to please no matter what. In researching hotels, I read many reviews. Some recent reviews weren’t so good, but I honestly don’t understand. This place is top notch.

Location is incredible. Bring good walking shoes, lots to see within the old city.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a great location, comfortable rooms. The restaurant staff during the am breakfast were really great! We are gold members so we were happy to find a hotel that was centrally located. I do feel because of this location that the hotel will be better geared towards couples or single travelers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family