All reviews no elevator rossio square changed every day pingo doce rooms are small perfect location first floor noise luggage pension luxury
Reviewed 2 June 2018

I struggled with the rating because the room was so very small even for European standards, there is no elevator and no air conditioning, These factors would have caused me to drop the rating but the shortcomings are made up by the great location and the fact that the room was clean and we slept well.
We found the staff friendly and helpful.
I would recomend this hotel purely because of its excellent location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018

On arrival, I found that the toilet in my room had not been cleaned. There was faeces in the toilet, on the seat and on the outside of the toilet! Therefore, I went down to reception to let them know. They got a cleaner to come and clean the toilet. She could not have been more miserable! She said she had cleaned the toilet and left. I finished unpacking and then went back to check the toilet. Yes the inside of the toilet and the toilet seat now appeared to be clean, but there was still faeces on the outside of the basin of the toilet! Again I had to go back to reception. Again the cleaner had to come and clean the toilet! The following morning, when I wanted to have a shower, I found faeces in the shower too! Basically, it appeared that the cleaner had not bothered to clean the bathroom at all! Despite having to tell reception 3 times that the bathroom was not clean (the floor had also not been swept in the bedroom area) they never offered to change my room or give me a refund. I asked to speak to the manager but was told that this was not possible as they never knew when he would be around! I was very disappointed with the state of the room and they way the staff dealt with the situation. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2017

Located at the very center, near Rossio Square. Tricky to find, look for the house number, then you will see the sign. There is no elevator in the pension. Lot of steps. The view from the third floor is amazing. You can see Rossio square and the roofs of Lisbon. There are a lot of restaurants nearby.
Reception staff friendly and helpful. They can order taxi to the airport and suggest restaurant or where to go. Open 24 hours.
Rooms are small. There are private and shared facilities. Cleaning is good. Bathroom has a hairdryer. Towels are changed every day.
Pricing is reasonable if booked earlier. I think I'd stay there again next time I am in Lisboa.

Room Tip: Top floor offer great view. But there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Serval47
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The location really was great, located just of the main town square and only a short walk to other monuments. It was also very close to the train and metro stations. Receptionist was friendly when we arrived and checked us in quickly and easily. The room was clean and a nice size, we had small balconies as well which was nice to stand out and observe the busy streets that surrounded it. Upon check out we were able to leave our bags in reception so we didn't have to carry them around with us all day. The only one small down fall was actually finding it, the apartments only had a small sign on the front of them. Would recommend this hotel and go back if I were in Lisbon again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Harriett D
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Just 10 m from Rossio square and close the railway station, Baixa, Chiado, this hotel has recently restored some rooms at the first floor and now it offers them as 'comfort rooms', with brand new interiors and conditioned air.
The staff is very kind and so every time I go to Lisbon, I stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo