“Not great”

Vintage Restaurante
Reserve with
Vintage Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Batalha
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Vintage is the ideal place if your looking for good food with a good service and a fair price.The Restaurant has a magnificient view over the Batalha Monastery, making your meal an unforgettable moment in the perfect scenery. During summer, we offer you our terrace where you may enjoy peace and serenity, either for lunch, dinner, a snack or for a drink at the end of the day. A selection of tradicional Portuguese dishes and a good selection of fine wines. Besides the À la Carte menu, a daily menu is prepared every day at lunch with a fixed price. Good vale for money and a opportunity to taste the portuguese home made flavours.The Restaurante Vintage is a part of the 4 star Hotel, Mestre Afonso Domingues. Private parking is available as well.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I opted for this restaurant as the one recommended by my hotel was unexpectedly closed.

3 things irked me about my experience here.

I ordered a pasta dish. The sauce was good but the pasta was overcooked.

Around the rim of the dish was scattered a dried herb which I struggled to identify and wish they hadn’t bothered as it looks silly.

No one came to check whether the food was satisfactory.

I waited ages for my bill and eventually went up to the counter to pay. Apparently there was a problem with the credit card validation connection so cash payment was demanded. This is not really acceptable- businesses ought to be able to use alternatives when the electronics fail.
Overall I felt this place was overpriced and over-rated.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

What a magnificent view! Great grilled pork! Fantastic service and excellent atmosphere. I would stay here if in the region again and do day trips from here.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Being at Batalha for the weekend, and having arrived with my family near my daughter's dinner hour, I decided to give a chance to the hotel's restaurant, without even previously consulting (like I so many times do) any reviews.
Having arrived at the restaurant, I was very well received by one of the waiters, that quickly found a seat for us (2 adults and one 2 year old), even without reservation.
Having received the menu, it was well illustrated, and with plenty of choices for starters, entree s and desserts.
The food we chose was of very good quality, except for the "gambas a guilho" us adults had for starters, just because we have had a lot better ones.
The main courses we had were of excellent quality products, with great presentation, and very well cooked.
The desserts were good, but I'm not a sweets person, my wife said they were good.
In terms of staff, the best point, I have nothing to say, they were thoughtful, and very professional.
In terms of quality/price, I think the restaurant has a good quality/price ratio.
I will most definitely return there if I go through Batalha again.
It's completely recommended.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We went to dine at this restaurant because we stayed in the hotel, and I was surprised to find a queue of people waiting to be seated: usually the hotel's restaurants aren't that good. This was the exception: food of satisfying quality and service quick and without fuss. Prices slightly higher than the average restaurant, but that is standard for 4 star hotel's restaurants.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Leisure trip, stopped by for lunch mainly due to its location close to the monastery! Good service, good food, mid-range prices, good presentation! Excellent overall experience!