All reviews ocean view star hotel off season located right mid september breakfast buffet is fifth floor sea front good size nice location lovely view loved this hotel out of date wide beach coffee machine enjoyable stay wifi worked well
Reviewed 14 October 2017

This Hotel has a preservation order on it and they are not allowed to change the structure etc. But they could modernise their bedrooms, dull dark and very very out of date. We stayed for five nights and apart from the last night we had 'cold' food served each night. There is very few places to sit when leaving the dining room so unless you go to your bedroom you need to go out of the hotel. Watch what time of the year you go as Figueira is virtually closed from mid September.

Room tip: We didn't have one but a sea view may help as the rooms are dull and dark
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Lovely hotel, mid-century style, reminded me of childhood holydays. Good size rooms with balconies, facing the incredible beach and ocean. Great location, clean. Only two small elevators, so sometimes the wait is annoying, especially at check-in times. Breakfast was adequate.

My big complain is that I left two sweaters and a shirt, by mistake, in a drawer. I called next day expecting a no hassle arrangement, for which I was ready to pay, to have them shipped home. To my big surprise, I was told that nothing was found in my room. Well, the clothes were not in my suitcase, and I did not wear them while there at all, so they had to be in the room. I know exactly what drawer I forgot to open when I packed, I know they were left there.

I've traveled a lot, and stayed in many hotels, I never stayed in one where the maid fails to turn in lost items. It is a big disappointment to find such dishonest people in hotel personnel. Lock your valuables in the safe box when you leave the room, and check all the drawers when you check-out!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

It has a great beach view very comfy room, very good breakfast and close to bars and restaurants. There is a walkway to the shore right in front of the hotel as it’s quite far to get to the beach. It is also close to a cassino.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I was really surprise about this hotel! I use to reserve ACCOR HOTELS and never had such kind of surprise! The Hotel is OLD very OLD and all rooms need more than refurbishing and nothing work properly! For example the Bidet inside bathroom is NOT usable ! NOT USABLE! the personnel are not the best of polite!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Valeriano M
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We stayed there for just one night but all was great. The rooms, the amenities, the location. Right in front of the beach and a 5min walk from city centre and night life. Employers were nice and helpful at all times. We had a suit.

Date of stay: August 2017