“Amazing fun-filled day!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$40,67*
and up
Half-Day Hike: Ribeira Funda Watermills...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The goal of Azores4Travel is to acquaint the tourists of the main points of interest of each ride we do in a simple and customized way. Some of them are sometimes difficult to get to and not well known by most people, even by local people.
Reviewed 12 September 2018

We had a jam-packed day with Eleutério driving around Sao Miguel! He is very knowledgable and passionate about his home. So we learned a lot about the history and geology of the island as well as interesting fun facts about the architecture and way of life in the various towns. My brain was overflowing with information by the end of the day. We got to experience the hot springs of Furnas, which were amazing. He also took us to Nordeste, where we learned a lot of history and enjoyed nature. There were a lot of stops in between. Then we expressed interest in swimming so we ended our day with a swim at the surf beach which i cannot remember the name of. All I remember was how much fun it was with the crazy rough waves, misty beach and a lot of surfers. While I was swimming, I saw a horse on top of a cliff along the beach about 20 meters away, which blew my mind! Perfect day!

All reviews
"private tour"
"hiking"
"van"

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We took a private full day tour with another couple which I highly recommend. We were able to be flexible on itinerary based on the weather that day and Eleutério recommended Lagoa de Fogo and Cete Cidades since the weather was good. We could stop when we wanted or move on. Did the hot springs and had a great table at a beachside restaurant (with Eleutério's help). Saw the sights from several perspectives, not just a single lookout. Eleutério shared the geology, history, plantlife, animals, etc. of the island throughout the day. He is truly passionate about the Azores and being Portugese. He will be my first call if I get a chance to return.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We went on a full day tour and hike of the sete cidades and ended the day at the thermal pools. Everything about this day was excellent, eleuterio knowledge of the island will blow your mind and the views he took us to were breath taking. I’m not someone who goes on hikes but the experience was fun and you get to see things you would not typically see. If you’re planning a trip to sao Miguel, I highly recommend getting in touch with eleuterio and booking any of his tours!!

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Great vacation in Sao Miguel, Azores. Booked 3 day tours with this company. Best
money spent. Eleuterio (Ted) is a fantastic guide, very knowlageble of the island, very
punctual and customizes the tour according to our preferences, the weather, etc,
It felt like we got a history lesson on this beautiful island. Not a dull moment.
He was also a great help reccomending great restaurants at very reasonable rates.
Highly reccomend this trip and Ted will greatly make it better. Just book ahead as it may not be possible to book him last minute.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Our tour with Eleuterio (Tad) was amazing! He has a genuine love for his home island and his knowledge base is remarkable. Tad is intelligent, kind, friendly and he connects easily with people. He was generous with his time and took us out all day. We learned so much in just one day and had a lot of laughs. We were on a family trip with three generations and Tad was able to navigate everyone's interests and abilities with ease. My father has some physical limitations and Tad found ways to accommodate so my father was able to see everything! I've traveled to 26 countries and I honestly can't recall a better tour than this one. His tour was one of the highlights of our trip and I would highly recommend him!