“Disappointed”

Waterfront
Ranked #331 of 579 Restaurants in Portimao
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We have walked past this restaurant a couple of times, so decided to give it a go.

We walked in - choose any table, which we did.

Waited a short time and the menus appeared. I was thinking we could have been shown to a table and presented with a menu.

The guy waiting on our table had no idea what he was doing, we ordered wine - no ice bucket, but then presented sometime later.
Food not the best presented and I’m comparing against the 5 other restaurants we’ve had the same dish. Eating prawn you need hand cleaning material - none in sight.

We didn’t order anything else - paid the bill and left. Wouldn’t return.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

this place is well visited which is why we decided to have a dinner here - the food was ok for a fast food restaurant (we had gambas + steak), but there are really much better places around!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed several meals here when visiting Praia da Rocha. The food was good on the whole - the only downside being the scampi on one evening but I didn’t get it again. The staff are very friendly and if you sit out the back you have a beautiful view of the marina. We spent long times eating and drinking here and the staff never made us feel rushed but were attentive - I would be back!

1  Thank bendaly350
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Were looking for a change of seanery on our last night , decided to try the waterfront , are we glad we did , friendly staff , great food well prepared and presented at a reasonable price . Four of us had drinks , starter , mains and deserts plus a bottle of wine for under 100e

2  Thank 673bubbles
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this review as I was nearly put off by a few other people's reviews about the food being shop bought this that and the other.
If you want 5* food you can find it. I ate it the night before this meal and it was very nice and I paid €140 for the privilege.
Anyway back to waterfront, this is basic American diner food but it's well presented and freshly cooked. The menu explains the sort of food it is maybe other reviewers can't read.
We had 2 meals and 2 deserts both was tasty.
(The waiter spoke better English than me and I was born there) and couldn't of been more courteous.
All in all a good meal good service and a decent price