See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

The place we stayed is called Tiny Wale not Jah Shaka as advertised, not sure why. Overall its a lovely backpackers/surf camp. Didnt like the fact that is 15min out of town but it was nice coming home to a peaceful garden setting and big pool. We stayed in the tipis, very cool, comfortable beds and cool in evening. Shared outside bathroom not that great, most of the time dirty ☹️delicious bbq on friday nights.
I think if the "cool" surfer staff working at the lodge worked a bit more and looked better after the place it would def be a 5 stars.
Owners on the other hand is great and were super nice hosts. Thanks Neil & Marta, all the best!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janineregtien
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I borrowed a stand up-paddleboard from this shop for ten days in July. I had emailed them prior to my trip and Richard was very accommodating about my request. The price of the rental was even discounted. When I got to the shop, the crew were very helpful and friendly. Since I had rented a paddleboard from them, I was able to explore the coastlines and coves of Praia do Porto de Mos, Praia do Camilo, and Ponta da Piedade on my own over several days, first thing in the morning, before the kayaking tours descended on these places. Thank you very much Jah Shaka for enabling my SUP adventures!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I spent a week glamping with Joh Shaka Surf Lodge in Lux Portugal - I was impressed with the friendliness and quality of their offering. Accommodations were excellent, the food was nothing short of delicious - thai food one night was probably the best I have ever tasted. Yoga was run in-house, Wifi, pool.
The staff and instructors were delightful, and could not be more helpful
If you want to surf or just chill - I could not recommend them more

Room Tip: I Glamped - was fun to be in a tent - give it a go!!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2016

I have never met a group of instructors so utterly enthused to be out in Portugal living and sharing their dream. We didn't stay at the lodge, but the surf teaching was superb. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

I used the equipment from this store in town and they were very friendly and helpful. Rented a paddleboard for 20€ and a bike for 15€! Good prices for making the most of your stay to explore and have your own adventures! They also offer many tour and adventure as well as a surf camp which I'm sure would also be fully worth it!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo