See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We spend our first Surfing-Holidays in this Camp and couldn't have had a better experience! A breakfast buffet every morning was included and made a great start in the day. Then we were collected and driven to the beach, where we stayed until the afternoon and got surf lessons. Most of the people from the beginner-lessons stayed in the Camp as well, which was really great. Every evening we got a (really really really good) dinner cooked by Marc who did a fantastic job! The dinner was optional and could be booked every morning, but after the first evening we decided to book it every day, because it was so delicious! We did not regret this decision, especially after a long day at the beach it is great not to worry about food in the evening. In addition, the meals were perfect to talk to the other Surfers and Surfers-to-be (as us) which was a great time. The "good soul" of the Camp Diana additionally took some of us to party one night in the next town, which was really fun, too!
A few words to the accommodation: The rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The pool was great to hang out in the afternoon and it was always possible to grab beverages from the kitchen (for small money). In addition, we rent bikes, played tennis on a court and skated. All for free in the Camp!!
All in all, with all the people we met and all the things we did, it was a great experience and I would totally recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Simply put, the camp is awesome. Annika and Marc are genuinely nice and hearty hosts. Marc always seems to know the best spots for surfing. He is also a great chef. I highly recommend that you try the dinner at least once.
The rooms are large enough for a two-week-stay without feeling cramped.
The camp itself is very clean and comfortable.
Few things are more relaxing than relaxing in a hammock while waiting for dinner after a day of surfing.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I've spent four holidays there, the fifth in September and there are definitely more to come. Twice with friends, once alone and now twice with my partner. As long as you're a little open to meeting new people, this doesn't matter at all. I've always met amazing people and it was never easy to say goodbye. It is also not rare to meet someone twice there - and this means something for sure.

The hosts are super friendly and cordial. If you need something, you just got to ask. Whether it's a recommendation for a restaurant, activities like horseback riding or a detailed surf spot guide, they can help you for sure. Especially their experience which surf spots work in which conditions often goes further than what magicseaweed can provide - which I find extremely helpful. There are also two lovely dogs and a cute cat which definitely add to the place in many ways. There is also a quite nice tennis court, which I like to play on occasion - rackets are provided, as well as many other things like (good!) skateboards including ramps, basketball court, pool, etc...

One of the (many) highlights is definitely the food. While breakfast is already great, dinner is amazing. In some dishes there is always meat or fish, but they also take care of vegetarians and make something extra just for them, but I wouldn't know to much about that. All I know is that I never left the table unsatisfied let alone hungry, and I do eat a lot, especially when I'm surfing all day.

The rooms are clean and simple, but they have everything you need and you won't spend much time in them anyway. There are several common rooms with a pool table, books, a TV, an additional kitchen and they get upgraded from time to time.

At last some tips:
- They have good quality rental fibreglass surfboards for intermediate and advanced surfers too (Fatum)!
- If you're not booking a surf course (which includes transfer to the beach), you most likely want a rental car! The house is less than an hour drive from Faro airport. Many guests in the surfhouse have a rental, carsharing might be an option, but I would ask in advance.
- book dinner, it is late (9pm) but the evenings at the beach can be magical, thus it can be quite convenient and nothing tops coming back and get excited about Marc's feast.
- book plenty in advance. You might get lucky, but just to be sure...

Room Tip: Standard is two rooms sharing a bathroom, but you can book a room with a private one.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lukas_Schweiz
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Really nice hosts who have a deluxe place to stay, know their area and serve awesome food!!! I will for sure come back!
Nice surf spots close by, open for your food desires and take care that everything is for your convenience. Andi totally agrees!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Perfect accomodation, lovely hosts, excellent food and a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Whether you're travelling alone or with friends, this is a great place to spend your surfing holiday. I'll be back :)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo