“Relaxing in Galegos”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa dos Galegos

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kcullinan...
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing in Galegos”
Reviewed 30 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We had the most wonderful 10 days at Casa dos Galegos. Daniel was a perfect host who looked after us so well and made sure we were comfortable and happy. Beautiful house and pool - perfectly situated to explore the region -gorgeous walking and pretty towns round about. Thoroughly recommended.

Katie S
“Like being welcomed home.. while far from home!”
Reviewed 21 May 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

I'd spent the winter travelling through Portugal by the time I arrived at Casa dos Galegos, staying at many, many guesthouses and hotels along the way. My needs were somewhat different to the average 'guest on holiday' because I suffer from a chronic illness and by the time I arrived at Galegos, what I really, REALLY needed was a rest!

And that's exactly what I got. Daniel's hospitality from the moment we arrived was second to none. He greeted us as if we were long lost family and the lengths he went to to make our stay as comfortable and as charming as possible were far beyond what I'd come to expect; from the basket of bread and apple and cinnamon cakes that were left on our doorstep every day to the all natural, hand-made soap, that with all my sensitivities, I could tolerate.

I got my rest; the house had everything we needed and was extremely comfortable. Daniel's whole business seems woven out of his extraordinary love and enthusiasm for life, and isn't that what it's all about. He has the knack of never intruding while at the same time being on hand, day or night, to cater to any requirements. I didn't want to leave and so we booked an extra night.

Marvão is a beautiful place that's stolen my heart a bit. From the ecological park to the extraordinary peak where the far reaching views are captivating, the whole place seems to radiate an extraordinary peace and silence. It's definitely a bucket list place for any traveller.

If I return to Marvão, out of all the places we tried, this is the one I'll be returning to. Definitely my favourite place, and favourite person (and favourite cats!) in Portugal. :)

Your age range 35-49

Liked least: The cats
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
José Diog...
“Luxurious hideaway.”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Luxurious hideaway with exquisite attention to its customers! Highly recommended if you need a break from your hectic routine.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The host's hospitality, he will cater to every of your needs... expect to be spoiled.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sallylou1...
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfection”
Reviewed 16 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We stayed for 2 nights in mid September. Loved it. Daniel has restored his grandparents house and made something very special. The house was one of the loveliest accommodation places I have experienced. Beautifully decorated and styled. Spacious bedroom, bathroom and living area. A small, private pool with 2 sun beds. Surrounded by the country side and the sound of goat bells. Daniel is the perfect host - friendly but not intrusive. Easy driving to the delightful villages of Marvao and Castelo de Vide. Loved every minute of our stay and wish we had been able to stay longer. Thank you Daniel. It was perfection.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing