“quiet and friendly”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“quiet and friendly”
Reviewed 29 January 2018 for a stay in September 2017

quiet Spent 2 weeks in late September clean and basic but everything we needed was there . The lake view is beautiful water was cool but then summer came back.
Loved the fall colours and Oak lake, had a great time. We will be back. Thanks Larry and Nancy

marilyn19...
Arnprior, Canada
“Stunning Lake, great amenities!”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in June 2016

Rented a 2 bedroom chalet here, for a week. Friday to Friday. Was told that because I couldn't do Saturday to Saturday as was their policy, that I couldn't rent a cottage. Perfect.
I wanted to go, and take my son, as I spent my summers growing up on that lake, and wanted my child to experience it at least once.
Get to the chalet, and it's wet. And I mean the walls were dripping wet. Mould in the bathroom...not impressed.
Spent the night, and my husband went in the morning to talk to one of the owners.
He comes back, looks at the unit, agrees it isn't to standard, and moves us to Cottage 2, which was BEAUTIFUL!! 3 bedroom, etc. Spent the remaining 6 nights in that unit.
The lake, the water trampoline, the canoe, all exceeded expectations. All of the family on site related to the owners were incredibly helpful. No issues with the plumbing, the other cottagers on the property were friendly. Kids to play with for my son. Clean land.
So why didn't I give this place 5 stars. Because of check out.
I knew there was a fee change between the chalet and the cottage. When I got to checkout and payment however the bill wasn't what I was expecting (after deposit given in the winter months). I casually looked, and it was explained to me that the cottage is more than the chalet, and she only charged half of the difference. Fine. Sounds good. I paid, and left.
In the car, my husband asked how much (we were about 2 hours into our 4 hour drive). And I told him. He asked why, so I explained. And he was very upset. Apparently he had been told when he showed the owner the condition of the unit, that there would be no charge to move from the chalet to the cottage - as it wasn't our fault, and the cottage was empty that week. However, he didn't go and pay the final bill I did. SO he felt I was ripped off and lied to by one owner, and taken advantage of by his wife (who checked me out), and I kind of do too. Yes, I should have asked what the arrangement was before hand.

Other then that, we had a pleasant, wonderful time. They even have a store on site, should you forget something and not want to make the trip into town... very nice place. Pleasant people. Enjoyed my week.

Your age range 25-34
Tim M
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxing, simplistic and good fishing for all skill levels”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Tucked away at the end of a narrow road sits Leisure Cottages on the rocky shores of Oak Lake. The resort has both Chalets and Cottages as accommodation and offers boat, canoe, kayak and paddle-boat rentals.

The lake is a good size, not too crowded and offers up opportunities for bass, perch, walleye, etc. There are lots of areas to explore. Oak lake should really be called Rock lake because of all the submerged boulders. Some parts are very shallow and you really have to pay close attention to where you motor or drift.

Chalets are basic and are in need of a lot of updates. Some might call them rough, but they were fine enough for me and others for a night or two. Same with the BBQs. This place is simple so don't expect anything new, clean or well kept.

The on site store offers very basic needs and should not be replied upon for a long term stay.

There is plenty to do for families and a great spot for swimming with a water trampoline. Lots of great lake side seating for lounging or watch sunsets.

Check in is at 2pm, which I thought was extremely late for a fishing resort. Most folks like the start very early.

You can have a very enjoyable weekend here if you are able to overlook the condition of the joint. A little spit shine could go a long way. If you're looking for a relaxing place to fish and to get some peace and quiet then this is it.

Fish on!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing