Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Eve T

Paid for a unit, and then asked to pay PPS rate, very unexpected

Review of Palm Valley Inn
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 04 May 2023
Booked a 2 bedroom self catering unit for 2 nights. When inviting 2 family members to join us on the second night, we were forced to pay an additional charge for 2 extra people.
The bookings did not mention a PPS rate. I paid for the unit, why should i have to pay any additional charge? Not happy with this experience
Date of stay: April 2023
    R 2 000
    R 1 915
1.3 km from Palm Valley Inn
Free parking
View from the guesthouse.
Superyacht Closet
  • Hotels.com
    R 2 200
0.9 km from Palm Valley Inn
View more hotels in Schoemansville
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 December 2019

Being in the hotel industry myself I tend to look with a very critical eye. The apartments were good but not too clean . . . . there is a lot of wasted space. The lounge furniture in the 2 rooms we occupied were very tired and need to be replaced. They are fake leather and in the South African heat they do not offer comfortable seating. The aircon in one unit - albeit supposedly brand new - was not working and notwithstanding several requests, nothing was done about it, except that staff kept coming to check and then saying "close the windows then it will work". We kept telling them that the windows were open BECAUSE the aircon did not work. The staff are also not very helpful and almost seemed uninterested and bored . . . . the TV's also are very small for the size of the rooms.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I would like to go for weekend away with my family for a weekend away with a breakfast and dinner as I intend to go on a boat cruise with the kids and my mom who is also a pensioner but like vacations

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I will start with the pro's seeing as there is only one, the place is very clean. Con's - Very load, sound proofing not that good so don't expect to much sleep. The gate guard does not seem to remember people coming and going, as he checks your gate pass constantly, that really irritated me, but I guess as a security measure not that bad. The worst for we was at check out, I was told when handing in the keys they are first going to do an inspection of the room before they can allow me to check out, as if I am an toddler and need to be checked up on. All and all I do NOT anyone staying here unless it is a last resort and you don't want to sleep in your car. Internet via wifi is almost useless.

Room tip: Double check everything, my booking said free dinner, on arrival guess what, no Dinner
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Set in a good area with a convenience store close by. you will need transport to get to a restaurant. Rooms are clean but clinical. This is a self catering establishment but breakfast can be arranged in the form of a voucher for a Wimpy breakfast. There is a well maintained swimming pool. Parking is in a secure area with access control

Room tip: Any room is OK
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mozzie2015
Reviewed 30 October 2017

My first impressions were not very good, but after two nights there I had a very comfortable stay. Not a place to hang out, but rather use as a base to explore the area as it is very centrally located.. Units are spacious and clean. Good wifi was a bonus if you need to work.

Room tip: Choose a room that does not overlook the car park
Date of stay: October 2017