Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mark E

Great base for Om Die Dam Ultra Marathon

Review of Palm Valley Inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Mar 2017via mobile
Beautiful clean and neat accommodation and a perfect base for running the Old Mutual Om Die Dam marathon.

Staff are so helpful and friendly and apartments serviced well.

Yes, there was some noise late into the night from outside but that was due to the set up of the barriers etc for the marathon.

Please, just oil the gates to the parking because when you need an early night before the Marathon the gate opening and closing late at night is extremely noisy.

Other than those two points it is a beautiful and affordable venue that I would certainly use again and not just for Om Die Dam but I would use it for a weekend getaway any other time of the year as well.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
No prepayment needed
    R 2 000
    R 1 886
1.3 km from Palm Valley Inn
Free parking
View from the guesthouse.
  • Expedia.com
    R 970
    R 1 010
Pool
View more hotels in Schoemansville
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

So the 3 bed we booked was spacious and that was great but it was firstly not on the correct floor. I specifically asked for a unit upstairs and I was abruptly told at check in stage that they reserved the ground floor for us.
This would have not been a big deal if the unit wasn't so dirty. The bathroom was so bad we had to call in only to be told that the cleaners have left already. The lady at reception then came to pour detergent in the toilet and flushed- as if that's sufficient.
Next was the WiFi, or rather the lack thereof...the password we were given just didn't work, and nobody was bothered enough to try and help us connect.
Last surprise was the bugs on the bed! Altogether not a great experience, wouldn't go there again.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Tshego M
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Palm Valley Inn doesn't deliver what it shows on the box. While the accommodation is clean and well serviced and the staff super friendly, the pictures don't tell the full story. The swimming pool is located in the car park and the bar is run down. The outside patio has a few broken chairs and the kitchen units need maintenance. The location is also not great as it it surrounded by liquor stores.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ColleenV153
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

The unit was Clean & spacious. Kithchen was well equiped and the unit was Serviced. Friendly staff. The bed was in need of replacement. There was no hot water in the shower or kitchen. Noise at 01h30 on both nights!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I sent an email today asking for information on the venue, as I am looking for place for guests to stay in 2017. at no time did I say how many people I was looking for all I needed was the prices and the number of rooms the venue has. I received a short and abrupt email stating "Unfortunately we can’t accommodate your request.". They did not even know what my request was yet as I had not stated that. I then phoned and got told "We don't do crowd bookings or less than 2 nights over a weekend. All good and well then say so in your email when you provide the feedback asked for. Who says I did not have people that wanted to make a weekend of the wedding. Very poor / shoddy service indeed. But thank you I now know what venue to NOT recommend to friends and family. Kind regards Dawn Goodman

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Decent service, from the friendly receptionist
Couches covered by sheets which gives a very slummy vibe
Overpowering room freshener smell which is unpleasant.
Hard beds made for an uncomfortable nights sleep
It serves it's purpose. However I'd not be back in a hurry

Date of stay: October 2016