“Highlight of our trip to Bruges”
Review of 't Apostelientje

't Apostelientje
Ranked #8 of 79 Shopping in Bruges
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This tiny shop/museum was incredible. The owner is a genius of creating little treasures out of antique lace and other vintage items. We had a field day picking out moderately priced pieces and marveling at the countless examples she had on display. It is mind boggling to think of how much work and time went into creating some of the pieces of lace she had on display. If you only have a day in Bruges, this is a place you should hit as lace making was a major industry in Belgium and is a dying art. And art it is.

By the way, we went on a Sunday and the guidebook said it was open but it looked closed. Looks are deceiving and it was indeed open but it is a dark little place and the entrance is covered with heavy vines. We were relieved that it was open after all.

2  Thank Bijou C
"museum"
in 7 reviews
"art"

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This shop is a must see in Bruges. The owner has a wonderful selection of the most beautiful handmade lace. It is like going into a museum. There are items for every price range.

1  Thank gmwilson6
Reviewed 20 March 2018

If you venture away from the tourist center for any reason, be sure to come here for authentic Bruges lace. The owner is a delight and goes out of her way to help you with your individual purchases. BEAUTIFUL, exquisitely made lace...it is near the lace and folklore museums but can be easily missed under it's vine-covered doorway.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

As this is the only shop to sell authentic, handmade Belgium lace, it was a “must” in my places to visit during my 2 1/2 days in Bruges. It’s off the tourist track but right up the street from the Jerusalem Chapel. The shop owner was very helpful and explained about the different types of lace and how she acquired the pieces in her store. It’s truly a passion for her, so that made the shopping experience all the better. I found the prices to be equivalent with the quality, and I love the three pieces I purchased.