“Pasta with a Flemish twist”
Review of Chagall

Chagall
Ranked #176 of 780 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant has been in business for decades and it did not disappoint. The atmosphere is cozy and warm and the food was delicious. We all had pasta dishes that were wonderful and fish that was cooked perfectly. The wines were also very good.

1  Thank Bijou C

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My partner and I had dinner here while on a short break in Belgium. Service was excellent - attentive but not overbearing. We were seated by a fire, there were candles on all the tables, and there was exposed stone and other details that gave this place a cosy feel.

The food itself was excellent - we had the cheese croquettes to start, and then I had the rabbit stew and he had the braised beef. My stew was superb - the sauce was richly flavoured, with a hint of sweetness, and came with a hot apple compote and potato croquettes. My partner very much enjoyed his meal as well, and said the beef and apple flavours went together very well.

There is a good list of beers - I wish I'd tried more.

We were too full for dessert, sadly.

1  Thank margaretlucy
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My husband & I decided to choose a little restaurant off the main square of Bruges, serving Flemish food. We actually chose Valentine’s Evening to eat here & were not disappointed. They had a Valentine’s set menu & it was delicious. Great ingredients & portion sizes, I loved the simple but elegant way the food was presented. Attentive staff who also gave us space. There’s a wood burner & it had a cosy modern feel with a well stocked bar. We really enjoyed our special night out. Amazingly cocktail with our meal, I asked for another.

1  Thank DottieDooDa
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

That was the only restaurant that manage to offer a table for our group of 7 people. We ordered various kinds of foods - fish, spaghetti, beef and nice caessar salad and all of them was very well prepared.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Our group of 6 had lunch here, and we were all quite satisfied with the food we had, probably the local specialties were the best choices. The service was great and our waiter was very friendly and good, unfortunately he was leaving for another continent a few days later.
A very pleasant experience.

1  Thank AGreg55