“Pleasant lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Located just off the rue royale you’ll find quite a few pleasant lunch options of which this is certainly one. It is quite popular and often busy but food is served swiftly. Atmosphere is nice, food ok as are prices so all ingredients for a pleasant lunch.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

After walking up and down the block a few times my partner and I ate dinner here during our one-night stay in Brussels. Afterwards my partner could not stop raving about his cordon bleu! My past was excellent as well. We sat outside, and it was very pleasant. The waiter (owner?) was great - professional and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and the meal.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This place has little to do with Italian cuisine ! And with good taste in general.

The decor is kitsch and really old-fashioned, the fake leather table runners are horrible and sticky...

Concerning the meal, my rigatoni (pasta of the day) were broken into pieces, wine was bitter as vinegar and coffee was tasteless. My friend's tartare was also very poor.

On top of everything prices are high ! 25 euros for pasta, a glass of wine and a coffee.

The only upside is the kind staff.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I came in for lunch looking for vegan options or to veganize a menu item. The risotto vegetale was my choice and it turned out quite good. It was loaded with zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, and tomatoes, topped with a grilled endive, a slice of grilled eggplant (I would have wanted two, so yummy) and basil leaves. Service was friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

For several years while in Brussels this was our preferred restaurant for a quiet Friday evening meal. As regulars we were always seated but be careful if there is a big concert or event on at Cirque Royale the place could get quite crowded. Although primarily a Italian restaurant it does also offer a selection of traditional Belgian dishes as well as home cooked hamburgers.

I would often have the hand made Spaghetti Chittara with prawns and my partner the fish. This isn't a fine dining place - more bistro but the food is good and the service friendly and efficient - often with a limoncello or grappa offered on the house at the end. The pizzas are good as well.

The fact that we went back week after week says it all.

Date of visit: September 2016