See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 September 2016

This was an excellent appartment for a warm late summer evening. I had the top appartment which has two balconies and a top bed room part. The toilet is a bit small and there is no airco, but in fact you can use the balcony and there are sufficient windows. Large room with a kitchennett that has everything. Separate seating area that can easily accomodate four people.
The street the B&B is located is not that nice, especially in darker periods of the year I assume. The area has limited food services; you really need to go to the EU buildings and beyond to find something nice. That is still closeby, but if it rains or is cold it is not ideal.
There is a music set available but no real radio connection. TV set has more than sufficient options in any case. Rest of the equipment and the wifi in the apartment was all okay and modern. It might have too few lights if it is a really dark winter's night. I enjoyed in any case my evening in this modern and relaxed atmosphere.
The breakfast was served with a smile. The host shows interest and is entertaining.
If you need to be in the EU area it is an option, especially for a longer stay.

Room Tip: I would certainly recommend the top appartment
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ortwin
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

This place can turn your business trips to Brussels into an unforgettable experience. Designed with class and minimalist touch. The Dikken studio is spacious, comfortable, bright, cozy and fully equipped. Fresh and delicious breakfasts.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We spent 5 nights there and it was just great. Quiet location, close to metro, spacious and very clean room, delicious breakfast and a very helpful host. We just can recommand it.Thank you Didier, if we ever come to Bruxelles, we definitely would stay in your house!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2016

I recently spent 2 nights at Home & the City and enjoyed every moment at this very comfortable B&B. I planned on spending 3 nights and had to shorten my stay as a result of the attack. The location was ideal and sites were within what I consider easy walking distance (15-20 minutes). Didier is very warm, friendly, welcoming and most knowledgeable. Upon my arrival, he presented me with information he had prepared in advance and his recommendations were excellent. My room was spacious, spotlessly clean (including bathroom), very quiet with windows to the back, and very comfortable. My favorite time of day is morning and breakfast was perfect each day. I thoroughly enjoyed the crepes Didier prepared on my 1st morning. I loved our conversations and it is easy to see that Didier’s heart is in his B&B and the comfort of his guests. My only regret is that I felt rushed due to circumstances. Home & the City has my highest recommendation and I plan on being back.

Thank you for being such a great host and making my stay so very pleasant, Didier!!

Room Tip: Every room is perfect and there is an apartment on the top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Gerda S
Reviewed 19 January 2016

This feedback is long overdue as we - a family group of 5 - stayed at Didier's Home & the City a full weekend in early December, and have nothing but praise to share. We occupied the studio and the room below facing the garden, and both were abundant in space, comfort and taste. The bed and comforters a delight, the bathrooms to die for and the breakfast ... we'll you simply have to try the fresh, homemade spread provided by a friendly and helpfull Didier. As an example, Didier had prepared (and prepaid) the electronic travel card Mobib for us to share. Having lived in Bruxelles a few years ago in the house literally next door, the reunion with Rue du Berceau was particular delight thanks to Home & the City. All the best from a very happy family of travellers.

Stayed: December 2015