“Excellent refined Spanish ”
Review of Hispania Brussels

Hispania Brussels
Reserve with
Hispania Brussels is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 4 073 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$40 - US$57
Description: Hispania Brussels is the best Spanish restaurant in Brussels. The menu has been created by the Michelin Star Chef Marcos Moran, offering to our clients the best selection of Spanish dishes and tapas, and a great variety of our best wines from Spain.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 but TripAdvisor doesn’t let you do this (yet).

We had lunch and it was nearly perfect under every point of view.
We had tuna tartar and octopus for starters, then the squid ink rice and lamb for mains. Finally the French toast with ice cream and almond flan for desserts.

Dishes were very well prepared and presented. It is a new take on traditional Spanish and Asturias food with all the due respect to the roots. The lamb in my opinion was among the best I have ever had in my life, didn’t even need a knife to cut it.
Would have been a 5/5 for the chef but the very tough octopus let the kitchen down. It can happen..
Desserts were really really special too and the perfect ending to a refined and elegant Spanish lunch.

The atmosphere was enjoyable and the setting is good also for special occasions. The service was precise with lots of care and good recommendations. Gluten intolerant guests, you can rest assured they take good care of you.
Little bit pricy but the quality is definitely there.

¡Felicidades!

2  Thank Jacopo L

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We've been for lunch two days. One day was not enough to taste the glorious choice .
Spanish tapas, the little cochon, the presa, the desserts (fromage rivisited).
And obviously a rosè spanish wine.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

If you stay in the NH hotel Sablon or in the vicinity, the Spanish restaurant Hispania in the hotel is an excellent choice, especially with the often unpleasant weather of Brussels. It provides well presented and nicely cooked Spanish cuisine for a reasonable price. I started with the black rice (in octopus ink) with octopus on top, very tasty, and the main course was Iberic pork cooked to perfection. The desert was called cheese cake, but turned out to be excellent cream with red fruits and ice cream, quite nice. With a red bottle of wine from Extramadura we paid for two about 150 euro, a good price for Brussels. Try it, you would be pleased.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

High quality Spanish food in the heart of Brussels (place Sablon). Croquetas de jamón and arroz negro highly recommended. Very good service.

Jean-Francois D, Manager at Hispania Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear GusDewar,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the food and service.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Hispania.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We were very much looking forward to to trying out this restaurant having heard great things about it. I have to say that the food was wonderful (with the exception of the fried calamari that weren’t any better than average and too salty). However the service was extremely slow. We weren’t in a hurry but we spent 3.5 hours in the restaurant, often waiting a long time for waiters to take our next order and then bring it to the table. Even tea at the end of the meal required a long wait - which was unfortunate as we were feeling cold!
The seating is not particularly comfortable for a long drawn out meal as it is designed more as a brasserie style.
I was disappointed that when I asked for a dairy free dish, I was told the salmon was dairy free. But when it arrived my dish was missing the purée, a key element of the dish. I hadn’t been warned about this or given the opportunity to change to another dish, or given anything to replace the purée. So my expensive salmon was basically just that, with some tiny pieces of broccoli and a sauce. Not happy :(
I would have told the maitre d’H I was disappointed if he hadn’t disappeared - nobody checked if we were happy with our meal.
Definitely could do better on service!

1  Thank bryna4
Jean-Francois D, Restaurant & Brasserie Manager at Hispania Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your precious feedback.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed the quality of the food during your dinner in our Hispania Brasserie.
May I present you my most sincere apologies if we missed your expectations, please be assured that I took the necessary actions to avoid such incidents to re-occur.

I reiterate my most sincere apologies for the service and hope to have the chance to welcoming you again.

Remaining at your disposal, I present you my most distinguished regards,

Cyril Jourdain